Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Laptop Won't boot Anything

28 Jul 2012   #11

Ubuntu 12.10
 
 

Alright then, cool, but GParted can do this anyway. .

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Jul 2012   #12

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium
 
 

Using the suggested methods I have made a 'good' windows 7 disc. To my knowledge I now have 3 good bootable discs and none of them work. It doesn't recognize my Ubunutu disc or Gparted disc but that could be due to the fact I used Nero for them. It doesn't recognize my ubuntu USB boot nor does it start the windows seven boot disc

All the suggestions include creating yet another boot disc :P As it is I am going to CD's like meals. Is there any formatting software I can boot from my 1GB USB stick?!?

Cheers for comments so far
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2012   #13

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SoapDodger View Post
Using the suggested methods I have made a 'good' windows 7 disc. To my knowledge I now have 3 good bootable discs and none of them work. It doesn't recognize my Ubunutu disc or Gparted disc but that could be due to the fact I used Nero for them. It doesn't recognize my ubuntu USB boot nor does it start the windows seven boot disc

All the suggestions include creating yet another boot disc :P As it is I am going to CD's like meals. Is there any formatting software I can boot from my 1GB USB stick?!?

Cheers for comments so far
Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3 | USB Pen Drive Linux

But 1GB is not much!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Jul 2012   #14

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium
 
 

To make my USB stick I used UNetBootin? Is that just as good?!?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2012   #15

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SoapDodger View Post
To make my USB stick I used UNetBootin? Is that just as good?!?
Almost the same so good as well. What ISO did you install on USB using UNetBootin?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2012   #16

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium
 
 

Ubuntu 12.04 Iso x64. The CD version but I read it would still work. Should I try it again downloading the file through UNetBootin?!?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2012   #17

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SoapDodger View Post
Ubuntu 12.04 Iso x64. The CD version but I read it would still work. Should I try it again downloading the file through UNetBootin?!?
yes!! it should work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2012   #18

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium
 
 

I am downloading a more stable version 11.10 Live x64 through UNetBootin, I will try booting from that and if it doesn't work I think it could be hardward or MBR loss which is stopping it booting.

I'll get back to you when it's finished.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2012   #19

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium
 
 

I just tried booting from my Windows 7 CD again and I got the error message:

Couldn't boot CD: Could not find BOOTMGR

Any ideas?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2012   #20

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SoapDodger View Post
I just tried booting from my Windows 7 CD again and I got the error message:

Couldn't boot CD: Could not find BOOTMGR

Any ideas?
You get different error messages all the time?
a file called bootmgr must be in root folder of dvd. It's the bootmanager. Can you find it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Laptop Won't boot Anything




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Laptop Won't boot Anything
Thread Forum
Solved BSOD on boot up. Laptop will not Boot BSOD Help and Support
Can't get my laptop to boot up. Backup and Restore
Cannot boot my laptop, windows can't find any hardrive to boot OS.. Hardware & Devices
Laptop won't boot at all. General Discussion
Laptop cannot boot into Windows, possible 0xc000000f boot failure BSOD Help and Support
HP Laptop won't boot. BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33