I'm currently trying to figure out which type of recovery method (re-install, system recovery, or factory reset) I want to do to my computer. It's an OEM from HP with Windows 7 Home Premium on it. I've been reading around about the different types of recoveries and honestly, the computer jargon has my brain in a knot.
So I have a couple of quick questions regarding how the whole recovery process works.
1) What exactly is a recovery partition? Do all operating systems have this function?
2) Which recovery methods "destroy" the recovery partition, and what happens when it is destroyed?
3) Which recovery methods require that I back up my drivers
to an external source?
4) To remove a nasty virus, i.e. Google redirect virus, which method would you recommend?
5) What is the difference between factory reset and system recovery?
6) What is the best method to re-install Windows without a disc that is straight-forward (so someone without a good computer background can understand and perform without any problems)?
I hope someone can answer some/all of these questions. Thanks!!!