Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: New TechNet RTM 7600 Install


13 Sep 2009   #1

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 
New TechNet RTM 7600 Install

Another Science Experiment

Took that old Vista computer pulled the HD.

AMD x64 3200 2gb ram

Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 MB

Popped in a preformatted SATA 1tb Hitachi HD.

Inserted Windows 7 Ultimate DVD burned from TechNet download & booted

Smooth as silk install.

Ask for Key, I typed in my subscribed Key from my Technet subscription.

away it went, took about 30 minutes.

Activate now, Sure

Activated

Just need to order some more ram for this computer

Nothing difficult about installing Windows 7 on a pre-formatted HD




Attached Thumbnails
New TechNet RTM 7600 Install-doc_amd64_3200_activated.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Sep 2009   #2

Win7 x64 Ultimate SP1
 
 

i did the almost the same thing Saturday.
on an old XP system intel p4 3.0
upgraded to 1g mem & new pci video card
new eide 160 gig HD.
install win 7 pro 32 from technet
installed with out a hitch. one i driver for the audio card missing.
Sweet!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2009   #3

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ken9122 View Post
i did the almost the same thing Saturday.
on an old XP system intel p4 3.0
upgraded to 1g mem & new pci video card
new eide 160 gig HD.
install win 7 pro 32 from technet
installed with out a hitch. one i driver for the audio card missing.
Sweet!

Way to go ken9122

I don't understand why so many are having so many problems
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Sep 2009   #4

Win7 x64 Ultimate SP1
 
 

Well that was the easy part. now to transfer the data from the old xp drive to the new system.
film at 11.

ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2009   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
I don't understand why so many are having so many problems
i have a few guesses....

in any case. thanks for the tip, Doc. sure to be handy when i finally Frankenstein me a new rig. it's alIVEE!!... sooner or later

-edit-
why does your system properties say only 1 gig usable? no wonder it took forever to activate.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Sep 2009   #6

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by holo88 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
I don't understand why so many are having so many problems
i have a few guesses....

in any case. thanks for the tip, Doc. sure to be handy when i finally Frankenstein me a new rig. it's alIVEE!!... sooner or later

-edit-
why does your system properties say only 1 gig usable? no wonder it took forever to activate.

It's Dual Channel Kingston DDR 400 (Pc3200) memory

The install took about 30 minutes, the activation only took about 2 minutes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

As a suggestion, especially when installing Windows 7 on a new computer, or for the first time, don't enter your key or activate. You get 30 days to make sure everything is running smoothly before burning one of your activations.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ken9122 View Post
Well that was the easy part. now to transfer the data from the old xp drive to the new system.
That shouldn't be very difficult at all, especially if the OP kept the same username and password. Or, if the data was stored properly on a data drive, and not tucked inside all the "My" folders. In the rare case it becomes a permissions issue, taking ownership of the files only requires a few mouse clicks as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2009   #8

Vista Ult64, Win7600
 
 

Thanks for the information there Doc, nice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2009   #9

Win7 x64 Ultimate SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
As a suggestion, especially when installing Windows 7 on a new computer, or for the first time, don't enter your key or activate. You get 30 days to make sure everything is running smoothly before burning one of your activations.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ken9122 View Post
Well that was the easy part. now to transfer the data from the old xp drive to the new system.
That shouldn't be very difficult at all, especially if the OP kept the same username and password. Or, if the data was stored properly on a data drive, and not tucked inside all the "My" folders. In the rare case it becomes a permissions issue, taking ownership of the files only requires a few mouse clicks as well.
Thanks for the suggestions. I've done this several times and i have the old drive intact to work of of. Will be using files & setting transfer. Just testing the procedure to make sure i can recommend the correct steps when the inflow starts

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2009   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I don't even bother with the Files & Settings transfer. To me, it's quicker to just copy off what I need, and replace it on the new drive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 New TechNet RTM 7600 Install




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: New TechNet RTM 7600 Install
Thread Forum
Office 2010 Admin Install - TechNet Version Microsoft Office
W7 Pro ISO from Technet gives All versions on install Installation & Setup
can not install windows 7600 rtm Installation & Setup
Trying to Install Win7 7600 RTM 64Bit Installation & Setup
7600 install help Installation & Setup
Why can't i install 7600.16385? Installation & Setup
install of 7600, can i with raid1? Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33