First timer, please help!
My buddy and I tried building a new computer from scratch with the following:
- OCZ (AGT4-25SAT3-128G) Agility 4 2.5" 128GB SATA3 6GB/s Solid State Drive
- Kingston KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX 8GB Kit 2X4GB 1600MHz DDR3 240PIN DIMM Unbuff Hmp HyperX CL9
- Antec Neo Eco 450C Power Supply ATX 12V Active PFC 80PLUS 120MM Fan
- MSI Radeon HD 7850 OC Twin Frozr III 900MHZ 2GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI 2x Mini-DP PCI-E Video Card
- MSI H77A-G43 ATX LGA1155 H77 DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 3PCI HDMI CrossFireX SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard
The only thing that is NOT NEW is:
HD: Western Digital Caviar Black 7200RPM 640GB drive (that was sold by my buddy)
This is the sequence of events:
So there is no cd/dvd burner, so I used the Windows USB tool to install my BIOS for Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bits). The installation screen doesn't show the SSD to install the Windows...so I re-arrange the plugs in the SATA ports I and II, so that SSD would be recognized.
Once I did that, I installed Windows into SSD. Everything is fine.
I change the boot sequence back to SSD.
But once I shut down, I get a black screen: "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media"
Once I restart, and get into BIOS setup, here's what I see:
As you can see, on the "Boot Option Priorities", the SSD is not on the list. I then go to "Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities" and the SSD is listed as "2nd Boot".
I change SSD to "1st Boot".
But once I shut down again, everything is reset, and I get the black screen "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media" again.
What's weird is that if I get the black screen, but press "Ctrl + alt + del", it works. I look at my computer management, and the last picture is what I see.
I'd really appreciate some guidance! Thanks