Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Install error 0x80070570

16 Sep 2009   #1
rjw24

Windows 7
 
 
Install error 0x80070570

Hi everyone. First post here because Iím getting really frustrated with this error message. Error code: 0x80070570. Iíve tried searching around on the internet for a fix but Iím not coming up with a lot that pertains to my situation. I am clean installing a copy of Windows 7 professional x86 on an HP DV6700 laptop. This is an actual release copy obtained through Microsoft store front download. Everything works great when booting from the DVD until it starts expanding files. It has gotten as far as 49% before giving the error. Always seems to be a random number, Iíve tried probably 4 times.
I am positive that the disc is not corrupt because I installed Windows 7 without any problems using the same disc on my desktop. I have deleted every partition on the HP except for the recovery partition it comes preinstalled with. My next option is to delete this too but I would rather not. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue?
I also have another semi-related issue that I would love input on if anyone has any idea. After Windows 7 was unsuccessful I attempted to recover Windows Vista using the recovery partition. Everything installed fine until it tried to reboot. Now I get an error message ďMissing boot managerĒ and only an option to restart the computer. Iím afraid this is going to happen even if I get windows 7 to install so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Sep 2009   #2
septprince

Window 7 build 7600, Xp pro(VM)
 
 

Hello rjw24. Welcome to sevenforums.

Please inter your system spec`s. you will fin it at the left hand side bottom of your post.

0x80070570 error code means that a file or a dir is corrupted.

Have you ever installed window 7 in this computer before??
If yes, format the 100mb partition before reinstalling windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Sep 2009   #3
rjw24

Windows 7
 
 

thanks for the reply. When installing Windows 7 the first time the 100mb partition wasn't there. After attempting to install it again I see the 100mb partition created and I do format it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Sep 2009   #4
septprince

Window 7 build 7600, Xp pro(VM)
 
 

Are you running the setup from within other previous version of windows to install it to another partition or you are running it at boot time??


BTW did you use magicISO to modify the original ISO by any chance??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Sep 2009   #5
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rjw24 View Post
Hi everyone. First post here because Iím getting really frustrated with this error message. Error code: 0x80070570. Iíve tried searching around on the internet for a fix but Iím not coming up with a lot that pertains to my situation. I am clean installing a copy of Windows 7 professional x86 on an HP DV6700 laptop. This is an actual release copy obtained through Microsoft store front download. Everything works great when booting from the DVD until it starts expanding files. It has gotten as far as 49% before giving the error. Always seems to be a random number, Iíve tried probably 4 times.
I am positive that the disc is not corrupt because I installed Windows 7 without any problems using the same disc on my desktop. I have deleted every partition on the HP except for the recovery partition it comes preinstalled with. My next option is to delete this too but I would rather not. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue?
I also have another semi-related issue that I would love input on if anyone has any idea. After Windows 7 was unsuccessful I attempted to recover Windows Vista using the recovery partition. Everything installed fine until it tried to reboot. Now I get an error message ďMissing boot managerĒ and only an option to restart the computer. Iím afraid this is going to happen even if I get windows 7 to install so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

RJ

Lets work backwards here
the boot manager in the partition before you attempted to install win 7. there is a tool called bcdEdit that you can use to edit the boot file. there is a tutoiral here in SF here BCDEDIT - How to Use.

Onto the win 7 install. If you keep getting that error code it might be the dvd player that is at fault. You could copy the win 7 file on to the vista partition of the hard drive and install from there.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2009   #6
rjw24

Windows 7
 
 

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I ended up deleting the HP recovery partition. When I did this and restarted the install it randomly rebooted while it was expanding the files. When it rebooted and I restarted the installer it showed me the infamous 100mb Windows 7 partition. Every other time i've tried to install I've deleted this partition so I thought what the hell I'll just leave it this time and see what happens. I moved forward with the install without removing it and everything installed just fine.

I'm not sure if it was deleting the recovery partition, or leaving the 100mb Win7 partition alone, but I'm happily running Win7 on my laptop now. Hopefully this will help some other poor sap from ruining several evenings trying to install. Thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2009   #7
rjw24

Windows 7
 
 

Oh, and completing the install also fixed my boot manager missing problem. Yay!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2009   #8
wallyinnc

Windows 7 x64 finally!
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rjw24 View Post
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I ended up deleting the HP recovery partition. When I did this and restarted the install it randomly rebooted while it was expanding the files. When it rebooted and I restarted the installer it showed me the infamous 100mb Windows 7 partition. Every other time i've tried to install I've deleted this partition so I thought what the hell I'll just leave it this time and see what happens. I moved forward with the install without removing it and everything installed just fine.

I'm not sure if it was deleting the recovery partition, or leaving the 100mb Win7 partition alone, but I'm happily running Win7 on my laptop now. Hopefully this will help some other poor sap from ruining several evenings trying to install. Thanks again.
rjw, that was the right thing to do. Mark the thread as solved, so other people will be able to avoid the same problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2009   #9
rjw24

Windows 7
 
 

I'm definitely a noob here, but apparently I'm blind too. I don't see how to mark the thread solved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2009   #10
wallyinnc

Windows 7 x64 finally!
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rjw24 View Post
I'm definitely a noob here, but apparently I'm blind too. I don't see how to mark the thread solved.
Don't worry, it took me a while to learn that as well. Please use the "Report Post' button on the top right, and state it is solved. The Mods will see it and mark it as solved
Tks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Install error 0x80070570




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
0x80070570 Error Code on install - One Easy Solution
If you just want the solution page down .. it's in this blue :) New shiny windows 7 disk arrives. :) ...... doesn't want to install ... keep getting error message 0x80070570 when Windows 7 is expanding files: Spend an hour googling .. people suggest RAM problems .. I know my RAM is good...
Installation & Setup
Error code: 0x80070570 when attempting to install
I am trying to install Windows 7 32-bit RC on a desktop PC. I have previously used this disk successfully to install the OS on a laptop. I keep getting an error message to the effect thatWindows cannot install required files. ... Error code: 0x80070570Initially I thought that this was due to...
Installation & Setup
Install error 0x80070570 on Acer Nav50 after DBAN
Hey guys, self taught and "usually" self fix but this one has me stumped. Wife has an Acer Aspire One Nav50 netbook running an Intel Atom Processor 1660.0 MHz, with W7 starter. She has had it a few years & like the rest it had started to slow down. I have a genuine ISO of W7 Home Premium mounted on...
Installation & Setup
Win 7 0x80070570 install error
Been getting this error for the past few days. I have tried just about every recommendation I've seen on this error; Ive gone through 8 sticks of RAM, multiple ISO's and burns, USB install, different DVD drives, removing all extra USB devices, 2 video cards, multiple HDD's, canceling the install...
Installation & Setup
Fresh Install (due to new MOBO) Error 0x80070570
Hey Sevenforums, About a year ago I decided to build my first computer. I did so and there was much rejoicing. That is until it started BSODing everywhere when I played video games or watched Netflix. Coming to your forums I was encouraged to do a memtest, got new RAM, for a while the problem...
Installation & Setup
Win7 install error 0x80070570
Hi, I'm experiencing a strange problem when installing Windows 7. At the file expansion stage, error code 0x80070570 appears and my installation fails. Funny thing is, I installed 7048 from a DVD burned image 2 weeks ago and it worked fine. Downloaded 7057 and durned the .iso to DVD and when...
Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App