Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Clean install of Windows 7


11 Sep 2012   #21

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PSCO2007 View Post
Sorry to have bothered you.

It will not stop us from helping you. But you don't have to make it so difficult.

We successfully help tens of thousands of users here so we know what works and doesn't.
I am trying to be Anything but difficult.
I simply said that by following the directions to Install the OS and doing the updates, it did not work for me.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Sep 2012   #22
Microsoft MVP

 

Did you follow the steps in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7?

Did you enable Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware which assures the printer and other hardware drivers are delivered and installed correctly?

There may be glitches that need to be worked out, e.g you may need to install or reinstall flashplayer in a browser, install all or part of the full printer software package from it's Support Downloads webpage if the Windows 7 driver isn't enough. Some programs may need troubleshooting to run correctly. We are here to help you with that instead of just junking the whole install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #23

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Did you follow the steps in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7?

Did you enable Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware which assures the printer and other hardware drivers are delivered and installed correctly?

There may be glitches that need to be worked out, e.g you may need to install or reinstall flashplayer in a browser, install all or part of the full printer software package from it's Support Downloads webpage if the Windows 7 driver isn't enough. Some programs may need troubleshooting to run correctly. We are here to help you with that instead of just junking the whole install.
I am not trying to junk the install ( which was transferred from a backup image on an HDD).
I was told that the partitions have to be divisible by a whole number and only one is. (pic in a reply to ignatzatsonic.
The install, though, seems perfect.

As I told ignatzatsonic. I am going to try again by installing it on a spare hdd and see if I can figure out why the first one failed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Sep 2012   #24

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 SP1, Home Premium, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PSCO2007 View Post
I was told that the partitions have to be divisible by a whole number and only one is. (pic in a reply to ignatzatsonic.
I think maybe you ought to look at your arithmetic again. See my original post 4. By my division, both are divisible by 4.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #25

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PSCO2007 View Post
I was told that the partitions have to be divisible by a whole number and only one is. (pic in a reply to ignatzatsonic.
I think maybe you ought to look at your arithmetic again. See my original post 4. By my division, both are divisible by 4.
Sorry, I am going a little crazy.
I thought you had said that one wasn't.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #26

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

I thought both had to be divisible by 4096 and return a whole number.
The second one doesn't.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #27

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 SP1, Home Premium, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PSCO2007 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PSCO2007 View Post
I was told that the partitions have to be divisible by a whole number and only one is. (pic in a reply to ignatzatsonic.
I think maybe you ought to look at your arithmetic again. See my original post 4. By my division, both are divisible by 4.
Sorry, I am going a little crazy.
I thought you had said that one wasn't.
I did originally---but rechecked my calculations.

Both are divisible by both 4 and 4096. Put them into Windows calculator yourself.

The 4 answers are 262144, 256, 26476544, and 25856---exactly, evenly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2012   #28
Microsoft MVP

 

The truest test is performance. If it's instantaneous and doesn't ever hang then it's a keeper.

Why did you want to Clean Reinstall in the first place? Very wise to make the backup image. But the issues you mentioned are fixable as I've seen them all handled here before.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2012   #29

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 SP1, Home Premium, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PSCO2007 View Post
I thought both had to be divisible by 4096 and return a whole number.
The second one doesn't.
Try this.

Nor have I ever heard anything about 4096, for that matter. But it still is divisible evenly by that number.


Attached Thumbnails
Clean install of Windows 7-untitled-1.jpg   Clean install of Windows 7-untitled-2.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Sep 2012   #30

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
The truest test is performance. If it's instantaneous and doesn't ever hang then it's a keeper.

Why did you want to Clean Reinstall in the first place? Very wise to make the backup image. But the issues you mentioned are fixable as I've seen them all handled here before.
The only reason is I was told that a transfer from an image on the hdd to ssd is not good.
I think that was misinformation, as the partitions, which I was told would be misaligned, are not.
This install seems fine and I am going to keep it.

I just want to do a test on an hdd to see what I didn't do right on the ssd install.

When I was having the issues with the previous install on the ssd, I posted and couldn't get a resolution.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Clean install of Windows 7




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Clean install of Windows 7
Thread Forum
How to clean install windows 7 Installation & Setup
Solved Clean Install of Win7 - Wipe Hard Drive Clean Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Clean Re-install from COA key Installation & Setup
Boot config not working, tried clean install, can't install windows 7 Installation & Setup
Clean re-install of Windows 7 X64 Installation & Setup
Clean install of Windows Installation & Setup
Clean install to replace existing windows 7 install Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33