Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BOOTMGR problem + no bootable partition


14 Sep 2012   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
BOOTMGR problem + no bootable partition

i have a samsung netbook n210.

when my netbook was returned from the repair shop, my hard drive is already partitioned into two.
it's bothering me so i combined them.
i searched for it before doing it, its safe they said, just make sure the other drive is empty.
it was a success. but after i turned it on again.. an error appeared.

BOOTMGR is missing
press ctrl+alt+delete


since i dont have a disk drive 'coz its a netbook..
i have a spare disk of windows 7 starter 32bit.
i copied it's contents on my usb.

then, i changed the boot order so i can boot my usb.

then another problem appeared again,

no bootable partition in table

oh no. i dont know what to do now T_T

thank you for reading this and hope u can help me out...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Sep 2012   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

You need to mark the partition containing the boot files ACTIVE.

That might the windows 7 partition - or if you have a separate 100mb partition - that will the one you need to mark active.

If you don't have a dvd drive - you need to boot something from usb stick which will let you do that.

It is possible with windows 7 installation installation media - you need to select Repair my computer at the bottom left of the "Install Now " window.

If you run startup repair a few times, it will try and guess which partition it should set active.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2012   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
You need to mark the partition containing the boot files ACTIVE.

That might the windows 7 partition - or if you have a separate 100mb partition - that will the one you need to mark active.

If you don't have a dvd drive - you need to boot something from usb stick which will let you do that.

It is possible with windows 7 installation installation media - you need to select Repair my computer at the bottom left of the "Install Now " window.

If you run startup repair a few times, it will try and guess which partition it should set active.
if i remember correctly, i make sure to mark it as active. yeah i did.
i am doing it now but i cant get past to no partition table something problem.

thanks for replying btw.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Sep 2012   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

In that case , you will need to create a bootable usb stick with a linux based partition manager - something like this:

At the bottom of the page - it is free:

Free download Magic Partition Manager Software, partition magic alternative, free partition magic, partition magic Windows 7 and server partition software - Partition Wizard Online

defragment the pwhe7.iso with this:

WinContig

Try this free program to put it on usb stick:

YUMI - Multiboot USB Creator (Windows) | USB Pen Drive Linux
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2012   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
In that case , you will need to create a bootable usb stick with a linux based partition manager - something like this:

At the bottom of the page - it is free:

Free download Magic Partition Manager Software, partition magic alternative, free partition magic, partition magic Windows 7 and server partition software - Partition Wizard Online

defragment the pwhe7.iso with this:

WinContig

Try this free program to put it on usb stick:

YUMI - Multiboot USB Creator (Windows) | USB Pen Drive Linux
yay! it's fixed now.
i made a .. bootable usb drive.
it reinstalled the OS.
'coz there's no option like 'repair the computer' just like on youtube..
but im glad my files are still there.. in windows.old

but there's another problem.

why is my desktop screen stretched than normal?
i mean.. its ugly
its not normal. hope u can help me out with this.. thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2012   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Not sure what you mean exactly.

Did you check the settings?

Rt click desktop, select personalize>desktopbackground

BOOTMGR problem + no bootable partition-desktop.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2012   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Not sure what you mean exactly.

Did you check the settings?

Rt click desktop, select personalize>desktopbackground

Attachment 231790
when i right click there's no personalize...i have to go to control panel first
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2012   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Oh, it is starter edition.

I has forgotten it existed.

There are some limtations on that.

Were you able to fix the issue?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Sep 2012   #9
Microsoft MVP

 

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

As it says it the tutorial do all of your Important and Optional Updates to get the latest drivers installed, then check for any missing in Device Manager.

There may still be a newer Display driver on the Support Downloads webpage for your PC model.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2012   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

yup guys. i was able to fix the issue
gregrocker was right.. just install the latest updates and you're done.. its not stretched anymore, weeee
though, i cant change the background 'coz its starter. *bummer* hahaha

again, thank you sooooo much. goodbyeee!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BOOTMGR problem + no bootable partition




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: BOOTMGR problem + no bootable partition
Thread Forum
Making a Windows partition bootable without a "reserved" partition Installation & Setup
I can't make a bootable partition Installation & Setup
Cannot Boot to Windows/ BOOTMGR Missing/ Partition problem BSOD Help and Support
Partition Wizard : Use the Bootable CD Tutorials
Solved Making a partition bootable Installation & Setup
how can i make my other partition bootable? Installation & Setup
Bootable partition confusion Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33