CPU – E6600
MB - Gigabyte 965P-DS3P (rev 3.3 I think although manual says 2.0)
Ram - GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-6400C4 800MHz
What should have been a straight forward installation of a new SSD (that I have done before) has turned into a nightmare.
First of all I attached the hardrive and installed windows 7 without a hitch. Then for some reason the installation got corrupted (I think in my haste I restarted the comp while it was installing a million updates). No problem I thought, I’ll format the hdd and install it again. This is where things started to go wrong.
First of all I got the bootmgr missing error when trying to install from the disk so I created a bootable usb pen and everything seemed to be going fine, however when the system reboots it hangs on completing Installation and after 5 mins or so I get the BSoD (restarts too quick of me to read) and the comp restarts. I’ve spent hours/days trawling the forums and trying various fixes but none seem to work for me
What I’ve tried
- AHCI is enabled
- Swapped an usb keyboard for an old one (whatever they’re called)
- Disconnected everything when window reinstall during installation that I can (keyboard, mouse
- Disconected everything I Can from the MB – wireless adapter, 3 sticks of ram (Left with 1 stick of 1GB), optical drive
- Swapped gfx cards
- Booted in safe mode as far as I could and tried to disable the VGA display adapters.
- Run RAM tests – passed also running at the recommended voltage of 2.1
- Used Intels toolbox to run a drive diagnostic scan – all fine.
- Run dban to fully clear the hdd
- Tried installing drivers
during Windows 7 installation
- Typing start explorer.exe in the cmd box
- Every SATA port
I really don’t know what else to try. An hour before Windows installed flawlessly on the same drive. Also if I reset bios defaults and plug the old hdd back in the computer boots and runs fine.