Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: BSOD after Ubuntu installation, 0x0000007B error

27 Jan 2013   #11
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

in linux:

Code:
sudo  ntfsfix  /dev/sda1
post results

in winre
Code:
bcdedit/store C:\boot\bcd
post output. Maybe you have to replace C by D


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Jan 2013   #12
sniffer55

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
So it uses grub as bootmanger now? You select win7 and it (should) start win7 bootmgr?

Code:
diskpart
list vol
exit
You see volume with problems...what is drive letter? Do a chkdsk of all volumes (expect DVD)

Code:
chdsk/f c:
chdsk/f d:
chdsk/f e:
Here is result of list vol
Code:
Volume ###    Ltr    Label          Fs        Type      Status     Info
----------    ----  ---------     ------    --------   ---------   --------
Volume 0       D     Gx88 v1.1     CDFS     DVD_ROM     Healthy
Volume 1       C                   NTFS     Removable   Healthy
Volume 2       E                            Removable   No Media
I think it is not recognizing my harddisk volumes at all. So cant run chkdsk for that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jan 2013   #13
sniffer55

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
in linux:

Code:
sudo  ntfsfix  /dev/sda1
post results

in winre
Code:
bcdedit/store C:\boot\bcd
post output. Maybe you have to replace C by D
Result of sudo ntfsfix /dev/sda1
Code:
Mounting volume... ntfs_mst_post_read_fixup_warn: magic: 0xffffffff  size: 1024   usa_ofs: 65535  usa_count: 65534: Invalid argument
Record 0 has no FILE magic (0xffffffff)
Failed to load $MFT: Input/output error
FAILED
Attempting to correct errors... ntfs_mst_post_read_fixup_warn: magic: 0xffffffff  size: 1024   usa_ofs: 65535  usa_count: 65534: Invalid argument
Record 0 has no FILE magic (0xffffffff)
Failed to load $MFT: Input/output error
FAILED
Failed to startup volume: Input/output error
Checking for self-located MFT segment... ntfs_mst_post_read_fixup_warn: magic: 0xffffffff  size: 1024   usa_ofs: 65535  usa_count: 65534: Invalid argument
OK
ntfs_mst_post_read_fixup_warn: magic: 0xffffffff  size: 1024   usa_ofs: 65535  usa_count: 65534: Invalid argument
Record 0 has no FILE magic (0xffffffff)
Failed to load $MFT: Input/output error
Volume is corrupt. You should run chkdsk.
Result of bcdedit/store C:\boot\bcd
Code:
The store export operation has failed.
The requested system device cannot be found.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Jan 2013   #14
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Code:
diskpart
sel disk 0
detail disk
exit
post output
Code:
diskpart
list vol
exit
You see C and E. C is NTFS and removable. Do you have an usb stick attached?

Code:
diskpart
sel vol c
det part
sel vol e
det part
exit
Post output.

The only problem is OS partition is corrupt! Did you resize OS partition using GPARTED? Changed start sector?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jan 2013   #15
gregrocker

 

The problem is that you converted your HD to Dynamic which is only meant to be used to span a partition across multiple HD's.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sniffer55 View Post
Partition ### Type Size Offset
------------- ----------------- ---------- --------
Partition 1 Dynamic Data 75 GB 31 KB
Partition 2 Dynamic Data 100 MB 75 GB
Partition 3 Dynamic Data 100 GB 75 GB
Partition 4 Primary 48 GB 417 GB
Apparently you didn't see the warning message.

The solution to solve this non-destructively is to boot free Partition Wizard CD version 4.2 which is the last one which offers this as a free feature: pw422.zip ISO - Windows Live.

Download the ISO, rightclick to burn it to CD using Windows Image Burner, or use ImgBurn.

Boot CD. You will need to delete any extra partition(s) you created which tipped it to convert to Dynamic before it will convert back to Basic. You may have only four Primary partitions before needing to convert one to Logical to add more.

Then follow these video steps: How to convert dynamic disk to basic disk with Partition Wizard?

After conversion you may need to repair the OS to get it to boot by using PW CD to Modify>Set to Active the 100mb System Reservd partition, then run Rebuild MBR. If Win7 doesn't start run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times from Win7 DVD or Repair CD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2013   #16
sniffer55

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Code:
diskpart
sel disk 0
detail disk
exit
post output
Code:
diskpart
list vol
exit
You see C and E. C is NTFS and removable. Do you have an usb stick attached?

Code:
diskpart
sel vol c
det part
sel vol e
det part
exit
Post output.

The only problem is OS partition is corrupt! Did you resize OS partition using GPARTED? Changed start sector?
yes I had usb stick attached.
No I dint resize OS paritition.
by start sector you mean MBR?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2013   #17
sniffer55

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
The problem is that you converted your HD to Dynamic which is only meant to be used to span a partition across multiple HD's.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sniffer55 View Post
Partition ### Type Size Offset
------------- ----------------- ---------- --------
Partition 1 Dynamic Data 75 GB 31 KB
Partition 2 Dynamic Data 100 MB 75 GB
Partition 3 Dynamic Data 100 GB 75 GB
Partition 4 Primary 48 GB 417 GB
Apparently you didn't see the warning message.

The solution to solve this non-destructively is to boot free Partition Wizard CD version 4.2 which is the last one which offers this as a free feature: pw422.zip ISO - Windows Live.

Download the ISO, rightclick to burn it to CD using Windows Image Burner, or use ImgBurn.

Boot CD. You will need to delete any extra partition(s) you created which tipped it to convert to Dynamic before it will convert back to Basic. You may have only four Primary partitions before needing to convert one to Logical to add more.

Then follow these video steps: How to convert dynamic disk to basic disk with Partition Wizard?

After conversion you may need to repair the OS to get it to boot by using PW CD to Modify>Set to Active the 100mb System Reservd partition, then run Rebuild MBR. If Win7 doesn't start run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times from Win7 DVD or Repair CD.

thanks for reply .. I will try and check and post results
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2013   #18
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sniffer55 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Code:
diskpart
sel disk 0
detail disk
exit
post output
Code:
diskpart
list vol
exit
You see C and E. C is NTFS and removable. Do you have an usb stick attached?

Code:
diskpart
sel vol c
det part
sel vol e
det part
exit
Post output.

The only problem is OS partition is corrupt! Did you resize OS partition using GPARTED? Changed start sector?
yes I had usb stick attached.
No I dint resize OS paritition.
by start sector you mean MBR?
What is C and what is E??? By start sector I mean "did you move OS partition on physical disk" so it starts at another point. Do what greg told you to do
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2013   #19
sniffer55

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

I followed the way greg mentioned and now I am able to login to windows
But unfortunately I had to delete my linux partition.
Anyways I got my windows partition data back
Thanks to you guys
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2013   #20
gregrocker

 

You cannot have more than four Primary partitions without again converting your HD to Dynamic. To avoid this convert a data partition, one which is not marked System Active in Disk Mgmt, to Logical: How to set partition as Primary or Logical.

Then shrink it from the right or left to create as many new adjacent Logical partitions as you wish for data or Linux: Partition Wizard Create Partition Video Help

To Dual Boot - Windows 7 and Linux - Windows 7 Forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 BSOD after Ubuntu installation, 0x0000007B error




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Error in booting Windows after Ubuntu installation failure
Hi everyone, I am using Windows 7. I tried installing ubuntu with the option " Include Ubuntu along with window partition". While installing ubuntu, error occurred. Now unable to boot Windows also. It prompts for recovery cd. I am not having recovery disk. Tried using other machine's...
General Discussion
BSOD after installing ubuntu, 0x0000007B
Hi, I must install ubuntu to my running windows 7 pro x64 yesterday. But, When i'm installing -however i don't know much more thing about ubuntu, just i must install it, i wouldn't use it fully- i install "/" directory to partition that i've divided at disk management. However, my HDD was...
BSOD Help and Support
Win XP doesnt boot installation, error 0x0000007B
Hello. Ive a new pc in work with windows 7. However, i need Win XP to run my VisualBasic6, so im dual-booting. I heard that virtual machine looses performance comparatively to a root installation. Iv tried every cd that i have, and when i boot from the xp cd to format, to instal first or after...
Installation & Setup
BSOD Installation Error 0x0000007B Dual Boot System
I do not know if this is the correct forum to ask this question but im currently trying to jury rig a dual boot system of windows 7 and windows XP from a Win 7 / Vista dual boot system. I have been unable to hinder the OS executable compatibility error for installing older operating systems over...
Installation & Setup
Ubuntu installation error message
O.k. I was finally able to burn an ISO onto disk of Ubuntu 11.04 but when I try to install it alongside Windows 7 Home Premium i keep getting an error message: "Permission Denied" "For more information please check the log file: C:\users\myname\info\appdata\local\temp\wubi-11.04-rev211.log. ...
Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App