|18 Mar 2013||#1|
| || |
Blank Screen After Installation
I recently bought an ASUS S56CM notebook pre-loaded with Windows 8 x64 and a lot of bloatware.
So I decided to download a clean retail version of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (X17-59465), create a bootable USB and do a clean install.
What I did:
Create a bootable USB
Enter BIOS (UEFI) enable "launch CSM", disable "secure boot" and set priority boot to the USB
Works fine, I entered windows 7 installation and did the following:
1) Shift+F10, enter command prompt
2) diskpart, list disk, select disk # (my HDD), clean, format MBR, create partition, format NTFS and successfully installed my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 into my newly formatted disk
3) It restarted and continue booting into the same USB
4) so I realize that I should change the boot priority to my HDD
5) I tired putting my HDD to first priority but it still boot to the installation USB
6) So I decided to restore default settings in BIOS and "save & exit" (my mistake)
7) It rebooted but nothing happens, literally.
8) there is power, but the screen is blank (not black, no light at all)
9) I've tried to search for solutions such as inserting bootable devices such as USB or my Installation DVD, the machine will sound (attempting to run) for a while but die down and a state of clam resumes.
10) I've also tried holding the power button for 60second when power is unplugged then plug in and press power button but it did not work as well.
My default settings for BIOS are as follow:
SATA Controller is ACHI
Secure boot: enabled
Fast boot: enabled
Launch CSM: disabled
I sincerely hope someone here can help me out on this, I at least want to get into BIOS again and change the boot settings as there is absolutely nothing on my notebook now. I appreciate all help on this. My last resort would be bringing down to ASUS service center to get it fixed.
|My System Specs|
|18 Mar 2013||#3|
| || |
Sometimes a flash stick will boot on its own without selecting it. If this is the case I'd try rewriting it using UltraISO Software To Create Bootable USB Flash Drive . If it persists then at the reboots during install you should unplug it so BIOS can boot into the new install. Then plug it back in should it be needed to complete the install.
Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,
Boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. If an EFI BIOS, enable Legacy BIOS or Compatibility Support Module, set DVD drive first to boot, HD second. Then set SATA controller to AHCI. Save changes and Exit.
Then boot into installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here.
At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.
In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.
After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt.You are creating the partition here for the purpose of marking it Active which overcomes certain install failures.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Blank Screen After Installation|
|Blank screen of death while wake up from standby/turning on the screen||BSOD Help and Support|
|64-bit - Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup||Performance & Maintenance|
|Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup||General Discussion|
|Windows 7 Blank screen/installation fail. Please help!?||Installation & Setup|
|Blank Screen, No Bios Screen, Win 7 boots fine, Now What?||Hardware & Devices|
|Blank Installation Wizard||Virtualization|
|Blank Screen at start of installation||Installation & Setup|