Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How do i install win7 into the SSD


11 Apr 2013   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
How do i install win7 into the SSD

Hello guys,i purchased a SSD drive recently and i would like to make a clean installation into it.I own a laptop which has already Windows 7 into it.I booted into the recovery partition but i don't find any option to install Windows 7 into another drive*,so i guess i shall find another way to do it.I found this tutorial USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create and i wanted to ask you if i should follow this tutorial or can you suggest me any other way to install Windows 7 into the new drive?I also wanted to ask you if i can i trust the link to the heidoc.net.It doesnt look like the official site,they provide other links here How do I repair my Windows 7 installation? The product key is - Microsoft Community

Thx in dvance for any help!


*I replaced the DVD drive with the SSD,so now i have 1 HDD and 1 SSD.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Apr 2013   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Ares22,
Welcome to SF. I take it you don't have the original Windows 7 OS CD? Seems to me the way you'll go about this is to create a image and bring that into the new SSD. You may want to consider using a tool like Paragon that many here speak highly of as it will align the SSD properly in the process.

http://www.paragon-software.com/tech...ate-OS-to-SSD/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2013   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ares22 View Post
Hello guys,i purchased a SSD drive recently and i would like to make a clean installation into it.I own a laptop which has already Windows 7 into it.I booted into the recovery partition but i don't find any option to install Windows 7 into another drive*,so i guess i shall find another way to do it.I found this tutorial USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create and i wanted to ask you if i should follow this tutorial or can you suggest me any other way to install Windows 7 into the new drive?I also wanted to ask you if i can i trust the link to the heidoc.net.It doesnt look like the official site,they provide other links here How do I repair my Windows 7 installation? The product key is - Microsoft Community

Thx in dvance for any help!


*I replaced the DVD drive with the SSD,so now i have 1 HDD and 1 SSD.
Why do a clean reinstall ... why not simply clone it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Apr 2013   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Ares22,
Welcome to SF. I take it you don't have the original Windows 7 OS CD? Seems to me the way you'll go about this is to create a image and bring that into the new SSD. You may want to consider using a tool like Paragon that many here speak highly of as it will align the SSD properly in the process.

Paragon Migrate OS to SSD - System migration to Solid State Drives (SSD) - Overview
I don't have any Windows 7 dvd,my laptop came only with a recovery partition.Thx for the suggestion but no,i dont want to pay for 3rd party software

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Why do a clean reinstall ... why not simply clone it?
Cause i want to have the best perfomance,a clean install is always preferable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2013   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

I agree a clean install is one way to go to get great results, but the ease and surety of the best SSD alighment with the Paragon is reportly out standing.....me thinks it's the best 19.00usd you'll ever spend. I was being talked into it and I used another program and i wished I'd just splurged for the Paragon. You can also try the free version of Acronis available of Western Digital's site? Otherwise read this and maybe another answer lies in here?

SSD - Install and Transfer the Operating System[3]=Installation%20and%20Setup

Then there's this outstanding help for a clean install:

Clean Install Windows 7[3]=Installation%20and%20Setup
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2013   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Then there's this outstanding help for a clean install:

Clean Install Windows 7[3]=Installation%20and%20Setup
Thx for the guide
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Apr 2013   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Ares22,
That SSD will rock that laptop's world.....enjoy and hit us back with issues and results !
Cheers,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2013   #8
Microsoft MVP

 

Sorry you weren't given the Forum's tutorial for Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7
which shows how to get a perfect install of factory preinstalled Windows 7. Everything is included including the latest official installer and tool to burn to DVD or write to flash stick.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How do i install win7 into the SSD




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33