Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: hp pavilion g6(OS problem)


24 Apr 2013   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 
hp pavilion g6(OS problem)

hi, im trying to fix the problem for my hp g6 laptop which end up of confusion at the moment. i don't have any recovery disk for my laptop that is why im planning to clean install it with the same version which i downloaded it here Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads. Now, can i still use the product key which is situated underneath on my laptop??


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Apr 2013   #2
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hello Mervzter,

Yes, you will be able to use your product key number on the COA sticker to do a clean install with.

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2013   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Mervzter,

Yes, you will be able to use your product key number on the COA sticker to do a clean install with.

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7
thank you very much for the information, this is the thing worried me since the hp support said the product key in my laptop which is OEM key cant use if im going to install another OS image of the same version than the recovery image i have, since the key is embedded on the motherboard.. any explanation about thiS?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Apr 2013   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult. x64 Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

They may be confused by the default OEM key, and the key underneath your laptop. As long as you activate the correct Windows 7 version using the key underneath the laptop, you won't have any issues.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2013   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
They may be confused by the default OEM key, and the key underneath your laptop. As long as you activate the correct Windows 7 version using the key underneath the laptop, you won't have any issues.
thank you, i will proceed and i will let you know if my problem solve.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2013   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
They may be confused by the default OEM key, and the key underneath your laptop. As long as you activate the correct Windows 7 version using the key underneath the laptop, you won't have any issues.
thank you very much its all good for all of you here ..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2013   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult. x64 Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

In order to completely troubleshoot Windows validation & activation issues, please perform the following:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click 'Copy' - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the validation tool here in your next reply

More info: Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

EDIT : I see you edited your reply ... I thought you were having activation issues??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2013   #8
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

You're most welcome Mervzter. Glad we could help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2013   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
In order to completely troubleshoot Windows validation & activation issues, please perform the following:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click 'Copy' - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the validation tool here in your next reply

More info: Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

EDIT : I see you edited your reply ... I thought you were having activation issues??
yea i did, sorry about that..
what happen is i register online my product key before the installation really complete which i realize i haven't configure my internet connection yet so i end up with invalid product key which is giving me the option to register it by phone.. so i just input(change the product key) the key again with internet connection.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2013   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
You're most welcome Mervzter. Glad we could help.
i just want to share this error i encounter, i'm not sure if you guys done the way i solve it but it works...

"A required CD/DVD driver device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now."

when the error pops up i just close the window and back to "INSTALL NOW" window and i remove the usb flash drive and insert it to the other usb port and it works...

CREDIT: i just read it on someone commenting on youtube video, cheers! thanks guys i learned a lot from this..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 hp pavilion g6(OS problem)




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33