COPY RECOVERY DRIVE AND FRESH INSTALL WIN 7
specs: acer aspire 5742
win: windows 7 home premium 64-bit
cpu: Intel Core i5 CPU @ 2.53 GHz 2.53 GHz
motherboard ATAPI model: MATSHITADVD RAM UJ890AS,
BIOS Version: V1.0,
original hdd: western digital 320gb
new hdd: seagate 500gb
graphics card Intel HD Graphics
I have been using my acer laptop for 2 years or so and now decided to upgrade it to 500gb but could not bear the fact that i had to loose my recovery drive and all its features with it. so decided to transfer it to my new hdd. now here's the thing, whatever i try i cant boot with my new hdd.
i'm going to summarise what have i tried so far:
1) copied my *:PQSERIVE (recovery drive / 14GB) and *:SYSTEM RESERVED (system drive / 100mb) using EASUS drive copy feature, installed the new hdd into the laptop, removed the old one and tried to boot but couldnt do it.
2) tried to install a fresh copy of win through 4 recovery DVDs which i had burned through my acer eRecovery from my older hdd, all files are copied but as soon as the laptop restarts it displays the same message and is unable to boot.
3) removed my system reserved drive through EASUS. Assigned my recovery drive a letter, made it bootable with bcdboot command (bootsect does not work with me :/ ) and made it active. tried to boot and start windows setup through this drive but failed.
4) removed every thing and tried to install windows through those 4 recovery DVDs but still cant boot after restart.
what am i missing here? please help
- WHENEVER I WANT TO COPY OR REMOVE ANY DRIVE OR WANT TO USE EASEUS ON MY NEW HDD, I PLUG IN MY ORIGINAL HDD, BOOT MY WINDOWS AND CONNECT MY NEW HDD THROUGH A USB JACKET.