Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 crashed my computer before even installing!


15 Oct 2009   #11

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
OK guys so I click the wrong posters specs excusss me!

thefabe is just practicing for the Great InFlow next week !

I just know he will be a BIG Help to us then

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Oct 2009   #12

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
OK guys so I click the wrong posters specs excusss me!

thefabe is just practicing for the Great InFlow next week !

I just know he will be a BIG Help to us then
Thanks Doc. I just got my first cup of coffee, now I'm going to try and sit down on my red hinney.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #13

Windows 7 Ulti. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
OK guys so I click the wrong posters specs excusss me!

thefabe is just practicing for the Great InFlow next week !

I just know he will be a BIG Help to us then
Thanks Doc. I just got my first cup of coffee, now I'm going to try and sit down on my red hinney.
Hey Fabe ,
Thats not too bad of a fubar. I recently advized a poster to remove his 500 gig memory stick and then try to install his Windows 7 ?? I do have a few of them for sale if anyone would like one Tews.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Oct 2009   #14

 

Tews is overstocked.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #15

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

I just spent most of the night fixing my now deceased younger brothers laptop ( he had a hard time adjusting after commanding the 3rd Armour division in Iraq. A West Point grad and Bronze star recip.) anyways I loaned it to my nephew who returned it and the only way to get into the bios was to remove the hard drive. So I replaced it and then the usual full install, sp2 disc T.G. and then all the apps. So I'm full of excuses. Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #16

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lukkyrunner View Post
I have a fairly old computer, that, I thought, could do with some speeding up... So i tried Windows 7. I was so excited, but then I found out you couldn't do a direct upgrade from XP... So I had to download Windows Easy Transfer, and that took a couple of hours to finish backing up my files... As I said, my computer's slow! So when it had finished that, I clicked next, or whatever, and it wouldn't let me select my hard drive to install it on.. I finally managed to select it, and clicked next... That's when it crashed... I tried and tried again to reboot it, but to no avail... Any help???
Welcome to Seven Forums

Check this for the info we are all looking for: Questions to use for help with Installation Issues,

Please fill in you system specs, there's a 'How To' on the above link.

With some info we can help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #17

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
OK guys so I click the wrong posters specs excuss me. Still had eye buggers and my meds were kicking in. Is the Spanking over? I think the latin term for my post is headamus rectumus
I was on the juice, whats your exscse?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2009   #18

XP
 
 

Quote:
lukkyrunner.
I see from your first post that you had xp installed and wanted to do an upgrade install but could not. so you installed win 7 on a differnt partition and then procceded to run windows easy transfer on your xp. Then it crashed when you tried to do the transfer to win 7. Now your pc will not start?
I did windows easy transfer and then tried to install Win 7, but it would not let me select my hdd to install it on. That's when it crashed. And yes, now my pc will not start. I have spoken to my IT guy, and he seems to think that my pc is too old for Win 7. Thanks to everyone for the help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2009   #19

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lukkyrunner View Post
Quote:
lukkyrunner.
I see from your first post that you had xp installed and wanted to do an upgrade install but could not. so you installed win 7 on a differnt partition and then procceded to run windows easy transfer on your xp. Then it crashed when you tried to do the transfer to win 7. Now your pc will not start?
I did windows easy transfer and then tried to install Win 7, but it would not let me select my hdd to install it on. That's when it crashed. And yes, now my pc will not start. I have spoken to my IT guy, and he seems to think that my pc is too old for Win 7. Thanks to everyone for the help.
We have some people hear that install Windows 7 on old computers for fun, If you can give us your specs, we might be able to help you.

Your call,
Good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 crashed my computer before even installing!




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 crashed my computer before even installing!
Thread Forum
Windows Update crashed my computer need help please Windows Updates & Activation
Windows Defender Offline crashed computer System Security
Computer crashed during game, cannot boot into Windows anymore. BSOD Help and Support
Computer crashed, Windows 7 will not load General Discussion
Computer crashed removing old windows BSOD Help and Support
my windows crashed while installing ubuntu Installation & Setup
Nero 7 crashed while installing in Windows Se7en.. BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33