|18 Jun 2013||#1|
| || |
Installing Windows 7 on USB
I have a requirements to install windows 7 on USB. Tried lots of options didnít work at all.
Before trying all option, I made my Pen drive as bootable using diskpart
Please find the options which I tried as follows,
1. I have applied Wim(captured wim) to the pendrive using Imagex Ė Didnít not work
2. Tried with traditional way of installing Windows 7, Disconnected the SATA cable which is connected to HDD. Thought it will show the USB as a mass storage device. But it didnít detect the USB as device to install the windows 7 Ė Didnít not work
3. Took a backup of C drive using Acronics backup tool and applied the backup in pendrive - Ė Didnít not work
4. At last found an interesting article http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-7-to-usb-external-hard-drive-must-read/
At last step it fails to copy boot files using BOOTSECT.exe Ė Didnít not work
5. Created a unattended installation by selecting the Disk as the pen drive and deployed the Image, It was successful but When I boot with pendrive. BOOTMGR is missing - Ė Didnít not work
If anyone have a solution for the problem which I am facing. It will be really appreciated!!
There will be master of all. Looking to hear from him..
Hope you might be the one..
Lot of thanks in advance..
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Installing Windows 7 on USB|
|Clean installing Windows 7 on a SSD and wiping Windows 8 64bit||Installation & Setup|
|After installing Windows 7, "Windows did not detect any networking||Network & Sharing|
|Windows Updates Not Installing : Error Unknown (Sits on Installing)||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Installing Windows 8 doesn't dual boot with Windows 7||Installation & Setup|
|Windows 7 hangs on 'Starting Windows' screen after installing updates||Installation & Setup|
|Installing Updates and Installing features part of windows setup menu||Installation & Setup|
|Avg 9 is not installing after installing windows xp||Installation & Setup|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.