Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Can't complete Windows 7 OEM installation to new build

31 Aug 2013   #1

Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
 
 
Can't complete Windows 7 OEM installation to new build

Hi all, i'd be very grateful if someone can help me with the following issue

Just finished my first build:
ASUS M5A97 evo
Corsair 600W
AMD FX4300 quad core
AMD Radeon 7870 2GB
Seagate Barricuda 500GB 7200rpm
2x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1600mhz
LiteOn optical drive

I'm trying to install Windows 7 premium OEM. The rig boots up fine, I'm able to access BIOS. When I attempt to use the DVD installation I'm met with "windows is loading files.." The first bar is done in seconds and then the next bar moves a third of the way along and then nothing. And still nothing 3 hours later. It seems I'm doing something wrong? Can anyone help?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Aug 2013   #2

Windows 7 Professional / Windows 8 Pro
 
 

somethings not happy..

can i suggest you take everything out apart from the basics. 1 x stick of ram, no GPU. etc etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2013   #3

Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
 
 

Thanks for the reply. It's my first build so be gentle .

Are you telling me to remove the GPU and a stick of RAM and then try the install? Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Aug 2013   #4

Windows 7 Professional / Windows 8 Pro
 
 

yes. take everything out and work from minimal items possible. so mobo, processor, 1 x stick of ram, 1 x CD/DVD rom, keyboard and mouse.

nothing else should be connected to start with. GPUs should be added once you are up and running as you need to install the correct drivers.

don't worry we all have to start somewhere.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2013   #5

Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
 
 

Great. I've had to walk away for a little while for my own sanity. Will attempt that after tea and let you know how it goes. Thanks again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2013   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Sounds like you booting the Windows 7 x64 DVD in Legacy mode, not UEFI mode.

M5A97 EVO R2.0 - Motherboards - ASUS
As the ASUS M5A97 evo has a uEFI/BIOS firmware.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI/BIOS firmware:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with
or
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2013   #7

Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ascomputers View Post
yes. take everything out and work from minimal items possible. so mobo, processor, 1 x stick of ram, 1 x CD/DVD rom, keyboard and mouse.

nothing else should be connected to start with. GPUs should be added once you are up and running as you need to install the correct drivers.

don't worry we all have to start somewhere.
I've hit a snag. Once GPU has been removed I have no way of hooking up the monitor? Mobo doesn't have a DVI connection?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2013   #8

Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Sounds like you booting the Windows 7 x64 DVD in Legacy mode, not UEFI mode.

M5A97 EVO R2.0 - Motherboards - ASUS
As the ASUS M5A97 evo has a uEFI/BIOS firmware.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI/BIOS firmware:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with
or
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with
Once in the mobos bios I have 3 options for boot device priority. Optical drive (which I have used as it has the installation disc in), HDD or optical drive with (UEFI in the corner). I have tried both combinations and I don't get past the "windows is loading files screen", having left it for a number of hours on both occasions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2013   #9

Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DaveMusgrove View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Sounds like you booting the Windows 7 x64 DVD in Legacy mode, not UEFI mode.

M5A97 EVO R2.0 - Motherboards - ASUS
As the ASUS M5A97 evo has a uEFI/BIOS firmware.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI/BIOS firmware:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with
or
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with
Once in the mobos bios I have 3 options for boot device priority. Optical drive (which I have used as it has the installation disc in), HDD or optical drive with (UEFI in the corner). I have tried both combinations and I don't get past the "windows is loading files screen", having left it for a number of hours on both occasions.
I've been reading the how tos that you posted. Do I need to use Rufus to create a bootable UEFI flash drive to do the install as I'm getting no where with disc via the bios. If so would I create this on my laptop (or another computer).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2013   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Where do you buy your DVD from?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't complete Windows 7 OEM installation to new build





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Can't complete Windows 7 OEM installation to new build
Thread Forum
Solved Windows could not complete the installation Installation & Setup
windows 7 cannot complete installation Installation & Setup
Windows cannot complete installation. Installation & Setup
Windows could not complete installation Installation & Setup
Windows Could Not Complete The Installation Installation & Setup
Solved Windows 7 Cannot complete installation. Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33