Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: installation reboot problem...

23 Oct 2009   #1
rando152

Winows 7
 
 
installation reboot problem...

Hi i've looked high and low for a solution for my problem, but still can't find one. My problem is this, I've changed my PC boot order to load from the optical drive first, then i restart with the DVD in the tray, the install comes up find i click install now. It installs then restarts the computer like it should but then it restarts to the same install now screen, so basically step one. i've partioned the HDD so it's clean. I've tried changing the boot order to the HDD first and that just give me a "Disk Read Error Occorred press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". please help me this is really frustrating...i've also done the install 3 times. thank you!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Oct 2009   #2
Dwayne

Windows 7
 
 

Try making it boot from ur CD/DVD with Windows 7 In ? thats how im doing it atm but im having issues also i hope it works..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #3
rsvr85

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote:
Hi i've looked high and low for a solution for my problem, but still can't find one. My problem is this, I've changed my PC boot order to load from the optical drive first, then i restart with the DVD in the tray, the install comes up find i click install now. It installs then restarts the computer like it should but then it restarts to the same install now screen, so basically step one. i've partioned the HDD so it's clean. I've tried changing the boot order to the HDD first and that just give me a "Disk Read Error Occorred press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". please help me this is really frustrating...i've also done the install 3 times. thank you!
So is the install completely finished when it reboots into the loop? If so, just pop out the DVD and boot as normal. Even if you have the boot priority as DVD>HDD and the DVD isn't present, it will still boot off of the HDD after the BIOS gives up looking for the DVD media.

If i'm miles off the mark sorry!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Oct 2009   #4
rando152

Winows 7
 
 

i tried what you both said well all that happened when i took the disk out was i got the disk read error problem. This is an older machine that used to run xp but i formated and dont have any of the DVDs other than Windows 7 ultimate for some reason it can't read the HDD i've got two on this machine and i tried installing on both still no luck...thanks for your help it is really appriciated =] keep the ideas coming im sure someone can fix this
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #5
rsvr85

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rando152 View Post
i tried what you both said well all that happened when i took the disk out was i got the disk read error problem. This is an older machine that used to run xp but i formated and dont have any of the DVDs other than Windows 7 ultimate for some reason it can't read the HDD i've got two on this machine and i tried installing on both still no luck...thanks for your help it is really appriciated =] keep the ideas coming im sure someone can fix this
Check the jumper cables on your hard drives. Also, make sure that the HDD you're installiing on is set as Master and any subsequent drives are Slave.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #6
kegobeer

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Update your system specs so we know what hardware you use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...tem-specs.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #7
rsvr85

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
Update your system specs so we know what hardware you use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...tem-specs.html
Yea, good call kegobeer. Could be a long night otherwise!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #8
rando152

Winows 7
 
 

ok i updated them with as much info as i could get out of the setup area because i didnt buy this pc it was just in the house so yea =] hope they help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #9
rsvr85

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Not sure you're actually able to run W7 with those specs buddy......sorry!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2009   #10
rando152

Winows 7
 
 

damn =[ well i also have another computer that im having issues with its a dell optioplex one of the older versions but not terribly old my problem with it is i have a DVD of windows 7 and it only had a CD tray built in i have an external DVD drive but my bios wont recognize the external DVD tray with this sytem im still able to get to the desktop of xp pro so maybe you could help me with this =]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 installation reboot problem...




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Installation Won't Reboot
Hello I've been trying to install Windows 7 on a brand new computer. It's running RAID 0, and I'm using the latest drivers from my motherboard manufacturer. Starting up the installation seems to work fine. It goes through the first phase of installation where I choose which partition I want...
Installation & Setup
Windows installation starts all over again after reboot
I formated all my particions of hdd, now i cant install w7 or xp (by booting cd/dvd), because when system reboots it starts all over again. What should i do?
Installation & Setup
Installation Problems / Reboot Loop
Hi all, Hoping someone can help me with this one. I've read through a couple of other threads here but haven't found a solution to my issue. Iím trying to do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium (store bought - full version, not an upgrade) and Iím having difficulty. Hereís some system...
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 installation hangs BEFORE 1st reboot
Hi All This is a nightmare, after solving the first problem I had, where the installation gets stuck in 'Copying windows files' (I had to disable the floppy disk from the BIOS, even not having floppy disk physically). Now all the files are copied and extended properly, but when showing the...
Installation & Setup
windows 7 reboot loop during installation
I'm trying to install windows 7 on my laptop through a USB key, but so far I've been unsucessful. What's been happening is that everything goes fine until the installer needs to reboot itself, then the computer reboots, but installation process begins again from the beginning. No error messages or...
Installation & Setup
7077 installation reboot fail
Hey, I had an extra laptop hard drive lying around so i wanted to put 7 on it. the bad part is that it has some bad sectors and i dont know how to flag them or anything.... So i was installing 7077 and after the expanding files step it went to reboot.... and i got the "BOOTMGR is missing press...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App