Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Multiple installs of win 7 on multiple partitions of the same drive

21 Nov 2013   #1

Windows 7 enterprise x64
 
 
Multiple installs of win 7 on multiple partitions of the same drive

Do you know much about performing multiple windows 7 installation on one hard disk drive?

For example,

Letís say I have a 300gb drive and I make 3 100gb partitions.

I now want to install win 7 on each of these partitions and have a boot menu to pick which one I use.

E.g. one for work, one for school and one for home.

I have been asked to do this for someone in my college and they will ONLY accept windows L

Thanks

Alan

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Nov 2013   #2

Dual Boot: Windows 7 Pro & Server 2012r2 VMs: Kali Linux, Backbox, Matriux, Windows 8.1
 
 

Do you have an issue or are you trying to figure out how to do this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2013   #3

Windows 8 Core X64
 
 

Do you have 3 licenses? The Windows 7 EULA states 1 copy per computer so installing the same copy of Win 7 to multiple partitions using the same install key is a violation of the EULA.

I'm not accusing you of anything, just pointing out the legality stuff.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Nov 2013   #4

Windows 7 x64 and numerous virtual machines
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
Do you have 3 licenses? The Windows 7 EULA states 1 copy per computer so installing the same copy of Win 7 to multiple partitions using the same install key is a violation of the EULA.

I'm not accusing you of anything, just pointing out the legality stuff.
Looks like the OP is getting Enterprise from school. This would be OK to use the same key three times. Yes just go ahead and install the 1st 2nd and 3rd Windows 7 installations and call the drives something meaningful so you can figure out which is which. Windows will offer up a boot menu and you may wish to download EASY BCD (free for non commercial use).

EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2013   #5

Dual Boot: Windows 7 Pro & Server 2012r2 VMs: Kali Linux, Backbox, Matriux, Windows 8.1
 
 

Oh lol, I was trying to figure out what you guys were responding to but finally figured out that since I have SF Black Wide style I couldn't see his post and thought the thread title was the post... SMH...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2013   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
Do you have 3 licenses? The Windows 7 EULA states 1 copy per computer so installing the same copy of Win 7 to multiple partitions using the same install key is a violation of the EULA.

I'm not accusing you of anything, just pointing out the legality stuff.
Looks like the OP is getting Enterprise from school. This would be OK to use the same key three times. Yes just go ahead and install the 1st 2nd and 3rd Windows 7 installations and call the drives something meaningful so you can figure out which is which. Windows will offer up a boot menu and you may wish to download EASY BCD (free for non commercial use).

EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies
The OP is from the UK, not the USA.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2013   #7

Windows 7 x64 and numerous virtual machines
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
Do you have 3 licenses? The Windows 7 EULA states 1 copy per computer so installing the same copy of Win 7 to multiple partitions using the same install key is a violation of the EULA.

I'm not accusing you of anything, just pointing out the legality stuff.
Looks like the OP is getting Enterprise from school. This would be OK to use the same key three times. Yes just go ahead and install the 1st 2nd and 3rd Windows 7 installations and call the drives something meaningful so you can figure out which is which. Windows will offer up a boot menu and you may wish to download EASY BCD (free for non commercial use).

EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies
The OP is from the UK, not the USA.
And your point? I am from the UK too. Enrterprise is for this very purpose. It is a volume license and can be used as many times as required in an educational, academic, corporate or even experimental setting.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2013   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

I know of NO school in the UK, that will sale or give out free any educational software or a email ending in ac.uk.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2013   #9

Windows 7 x64 and numerous virtual machines
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
I know of NO school in the UK, that will sale or give out free any educational software or a email ending in ac.uk.
OK School is also College over here which is also Uni. I always thought it was strange when I came over here and 30 something' s would say I am going back to school when they really meant UNI or College.
I read his original post and it does indeed state college. Surely they "give" the software they require the students to use?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Nov 2013   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

MS UK College Offer using a email ending in ac.uk.

Multiple installs of win 7 on multiple partitions of the same drive-c-offer-1-2.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Multiple installs of win 7 on multiple partitions of the same drive




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Multiple installs of win 7 on multiple partitions of the same drive
Thread Forum
How do I make a multiboot USB drive with multiple partitions(Diskpart) Installation & Setup
Two installs on windows 7 pro on diff partitions of same drive Installation & Setup
Multiple Partitions and Data Loss on Pen Drive after using Win 7 Hardware & Devices
USB Drive + Multiple Partitions Hardware & Devices
Multiple installs Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33