Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Problem with DVD drive after installation


24 Oct 2009   #11

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

did you install any dvd copying program after you set up Windows 7?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Oct 2009   #12

Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mcleod55 View Post
did you install any dvd copying program after you set up Windows 7?
Nope nothing at all only thing I installed when I realised I had this problem was ATI graphic drivers and Kaspersky 2010 AV both from download not disc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #13

Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Little more information if I put the Windows 7 DVD in the drive and reboot my system it does recognise it and will let me try to install another OS so that indicates to me its not a hardware problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Oct 2009   #14

 
Dvd drive

Matt, access the bios at startup and view the settings for your storage devices. We are looking for how your storge devices are connected.
EG: SATA, IDE AHCI

Regards,
Adrian
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #15

Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Ok I did that and the DVD drive is set to IDE.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #16

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MattP View Post
Ok I did that and the DVD drive is set to IDE.
Very good Matt, now are you able to fill out your system specs?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #17

Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

I have filled out as much as I know about my system specs, I have no clue about the motherboard nor the hard drive although I do know it has 250GB storage.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #18

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MattP View Post
I have filled out as much as I know about my system specs, I have no clue about the motherboard nor the hard drive although I do know it has 250GB storage.
After review it looks like your system is configured for gaming?
Without opening up your case and checking the optical drive connection I am taking a guess that the optical drive maybe a SATA connection.
So I want you to go back and re-boot your system, access your bios, go to your section for drives and change your cd/dvd drive connection to SATA, save and exit that will probably be the "F-10 " Key and your system will continue the boot process and this may resolve the dvd issue.

Regards,
Adrian
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #19

Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MattP View Post
I have filled out as much as I know about my system specs, I have no clue about the motherboard nor the hard drive although I do know it has 250GB storage.
After review it looks like your system is configured for gaming?
Without opening up your case and checking the optical drive connection I am taking a guess that the optical drive maybe a SATA connection.
So I want you to go back and re-boot your system, access your bios, go to your section for drives and change your cd/dvd drive connection to SATA, save and exit that will probably be the "F-10 " Key and your system will continue the boot process and this may resolve the dvd issue.

Regards,
Adrian
Ok as I said in the beginning I am a bit of a computer noob and I have tried repeatedly with things in the bios but I cannot see how I change the CD/DVD drive to SATA from IDE.

In the BIOS it says PRIMARY IDE or something like that and the CD/DVD drive is on the right of that, I cannot work out how I change it to SATA, any more advice on how to try that would be most appreciated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #20

 

Adrian[/quote]
Ok as I said in the beginning I am a bit of a computer noob and I have tried repeatedly with things in the bios but I cannot see how I change the CD/DVD drive to SATA from IDE.

In the BIOS it says PRIMARY IDE or something like that and the CD/DVD drive is on the right of that, I cannot work out how I change it to SATA, any more advice on how to try that would be most appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Hello Matt, are you able to tell us what make and model your motherboard is, or what model of computer from alienware?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Problem with DVD drive after installation




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Problem with DVD drive after installation
Thread Forum
cd drive installation problem Hardware & Devices
New/Old Hard Drive Installation Problem Hardware & Devices
Help, Big installation problem, 11th time installation fail Installation & Setup
installation and un installation problem in skype Software
Mapped Drive Installation Problem! Network & Sharing
problem with installation on scsi drive Installation & Setup
windows 7 freezes up in installation drive problem HELP Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33