Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Toshiba recovery cd

29 Dec 2013   #101
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2009joseph View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Please focus: Go to the PC's which are involved and report back the licensed version printed on their COA stickers, so we can confirm you have the correct ISO.

Is the Product Key readable? Don't post it back.
Thanks for The help didnt. Like the way you said several you made up your
Mind about me without knowing me.why would I ask for help on here for
Joseph no one including me did not make up their minds about you I personally got a bit confused as to which machine was doing what and what was on what machine.

What I understood was that there were three installs of one product on two machines am I right or wrong? Then you replied with one having a Vista sticker on it which again confused the whole issue.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Dec 2013   #102
2009joseph

WINDOWS 7 64BIT ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2009joseph View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Please focus: Go to the PC's which are involved and report back the licensed version printed on their COA stickers, so we can confirm you have the correct ISO.

Is the Product Key readable? Don't post it back.
Thanks for The help didnt. Like the way you said several you made up your
Mind about me without knowing me.why would I ask for help on here for
Joseph no one including me did not make up their minds about you I personally got a bit confused as to which machine was doing what and what was on what machine.

What I understood was that there were three installs of one product on two machines am I right or wrong? Then you replied with one having a Vista sticker on it which again confused the whole issue.

Yes sorry my girls PC used 2 have win vista on it before I put win 7 hp on it before I know what I know now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2013   #103
gregrocker

 

Do you have a retail Product Key for the WIndows 7 Home Premium you put on the Vista PC? If so is it for the same version you installed?

If not do you want to buy the Product Key now, or buy a boxed copy of Win7 to either reinstall it or use its Product Key if its the same version you installed?

If neither, I would reinstall the licensed Vista version on the PC. Download Vista ISO download for the version of Vista on the COA sticker, making sure the Product Key is readable. IF the Product Key is not readable you'll need to use the Vista Recovery disks. With a readable Product Key you can burn the ISO to DVD using ImgBurn at 4x speed, boot the installer to delete all partitions and clean Install Vista.

There's a chance on some make PC's the Vista Recovery partition will still run or can be made to run from Windows 7 if the Recovery partition was preserved during the install. Let us know if you'd like to try this option and the brand of PC so we can help you do this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Dec 2013   #104
2009joseph

WINDOWS 7 64BIT ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Do you have a retail Product Key for the WIndows 7 Home Premium you put on the Vista PC? If so is it for the same version you installed?

If not do you want to buy the Product Key now, or buy a boxed copy of Win7 to either reinstall it or use its Product Key if its the same version you installed?

If neither, do you want to reinstall the licensed Vista version on the PC? Vista ISO download
Thanks buddy going 2 download the vista and put it on and use the code on her laptop buddy think that's best
How much is a new key for win 7.I don't know what is retail or ome 2 be honest
Came with PC when got it that's all I know.you seem 2 know alot about laptops and software buddy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2013   #105
gregrocker

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2009joseph View Post
Thanks buddy going 2 download the vista and put it on and use the code on her laptop buddy think that's best
How much is a new key for win 7.I don't know what is retail or ome 2 be honest
Came with PC when gotit that's all I know.you seem 2 know alot about laptops and software buddy
You said you're going to install Vista on the PC which came with that. Good, let us know how that goes. Follow the same steps as for Clean Install Windows 7. I would delete all partitions on the PC as shown in Steps 7 and 8, unless the Recovery partition is still there then I would leave it as if something goes wrong we can help you make it run.

Which PC do you want to buy the Win7 license for? If as you say this PC came with Win7 then there's no reason to buy it again - just install the licensed version on the COA sticker with the Product Key also on the sticker, just like you're doing for Vista PC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2013   #106
2009joseph

WINDOWS 7 64BIT ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2009joseph View Post
Thanks buddy going 2 download the vista and put it on and use the code on her laptop buddy think that's best
How much is a new key for win 7.I don't know what is retail or ome 2 be honest
Came with PC when gotit that's all I know.you seem 2 know alot about laptops and software buddy
You said you're going to install Vista on the PC which came with that. Good, let us know how that goes. Follow the same steps as for Clean Install Windows 7. I would delete all partitions on the PC as shown in Steps 7 and 8, unless the Recovery partition is still there then I would leave it as if something goes wrong we can help you make it run.

Which PC do you want to buy the Win7 license for? If as you say this PC came with Win7 then there's no reason to buy it again - just install the licensed version on the COA sticker with the Product Key also on the sticker, just like you're doing for Vista PC.
was thinking of buying one for my girls laptop but her laspto is a windows vista pc can i install this on it ok
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2013   #107
gregrocker

 

You can reinstall Vista for no cost, or buy a Win7 Upgrade version. The problem is that MS is trying to force consumers onto Windows Ate and hiding retail copies of all but OEM version so you'd need to do a search for retail and maybe have to settle for OEM. If you get OEM make sure its from a confirmed reputable seller, and be aware that it will become locked to the mobo once installed and can't migrate to other PC's like retail.

I would reinstall Vista getting a perfect install as laid out in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 which will save you $100 US and give about the best install that machine can take.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2013   #108
2009joseph

WINDOWS 7 64BIT ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
You can reinstall Vista for no cost, or buy a Win7 Upgrade version. The problem is that MS is trying to force consumers onto Windows Ate and hiding retail copies of all but OEM version so you'd need to do a search for retail and maybe have to settle for OEM. If you get OEM make sure its from a confirmed reputable seller, and be aware that it will become locked to the mobo once installed and can't migrate to other PC's like retail.

I would reinstall Vista getting a perfect install as laid out in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 which will save you $100 US and give about the best install that machine can take.
Why is Microsoft doing that and where can I get one retailer version and what is
Windows ate I don't know this things im Really new 2 This windows ios craic
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2013   #109
gregrocker

 

Windows 8.

Someone from UK will need to help you search out a retail Upgrade copy of 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2013   #110
2009joseph

WINDOWS 7 64BIT ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Windows 8.

Someone from UK will need to help you search out a retail Upgrade copy of 7.
Thanks dude would like 2 buy a retail version of win 7 that I can
Use on 3 laptops is this possible to buy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Toshiba recovery cd




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How do i use my recovery disks? Toshiba L450D
How can i use my recovery disk that I created after I got the laptop it is a Toshiba L450D 12X and I not sure how to use them any suggestions? Its running Windows 7 Pro Link: Satellite Pro L450D-12X - Toshiba Many Thanks:)
Backup and Restore
Reinstallation using recovery disks on toshiba
Hi, I have a toshiba satellite L740 laptop. I have created the recovery disks from recovery media creator. I am trying to reinstall windows 7 using these disks but i'm not knowing how to do that. I am not able to enter the bios settings on start up. Should i have the original windows 7...
Installation & Setup
How do I use a Toshiba Windows Recovery Environment CD?. Help please
Hi, I am recovering right now a Toshiba Laptop C655-55503 Windows 7 using 4 Recovery CDs that comes with. I am just running the 4th recovery CD to finish but, with the CD´s is coming also a 5th CD named “Toshiba C655-55503 Windows Recovery Entironment”. My question is, how do I have use this...
Installation & Setup
How do I repair my recovery HDD on my Toshiba Satellite
Hello everyone, I bought a used Lap top off of a former classmate of mine and after using it for about 6 months, I decided to do a complete factory restore on it to clean it up. I do not have any recovery disks so I need to do the factory restore using the HDD. for some reason I can not run...
Hardware & Devices
Recovery disc toshiba satalite m35-s359
Anyone here have a clue or link to a site where i can get a xp recovery disc for this laptop or even better a version of win 8 preview atleast so i can install and fix the system that won't boot due to ill use
Installation & Setup
Toshiba Satellite Pro C650-18D HDD Recovery
Hi, my laptop has a 250GB hard drive which is split Windows (C) 116GB and Data(D) 116GB. The Data contains the Toshiba HDD Recovery Software(7GB). My C drive is nearly full, is there anyway I can either reduce the size of the D partition or remove it totally. My operating system is Windows...
Backup and Restore


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App