Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Toshiba recovery cd

26 Dec 2013   #81
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Sorry for late reply mate but have had to work double shifts and been away.

If you buy an OEM then it will be about a half of the price of a retail version but I would be looking around real soon as it is becoming harder to get - out here at least I pay about $100 for it and about $200 - that is direct from Microsoft but you could have a hunt around for one.

But if you have an original key (activation code) then use this Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

and if the original came with the manufacturers bloatware on it it will be gone too so you get a much "cleaner" and efficient machine.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Dec 2013   #82
2009joseph

WINDOWS 7 64BIT ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Sorry for late reply mate but have had to work double shifts and been away.

If you buy an OEM then it will be about a half of the price of a retail version but I would be looking around real soon as it is becoming harder to get - out here at least I pay about $100 for it and about $200 - that is direct from Microsoft but you could have a hunt around for one.

But if you have an original key (activation code) then use this Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

and if the original came with the manufacturers bloatware on it it will be gone too so you get a much "cleaner" and efficient machine.
Thanks buddy but do you know why my key for my laptop
Is working on 3 laptops including mine :-O
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2013   #83
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Honestly I don't have a clue as they are usually pretty quick on picking that sort of thing up. I suppose just carry on as is and trust to luck but for my own personal view I would be getting an OEM or using that link for the others if that key is for your own machine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Dec 2013   #84
2009joseph

WINDOWS 7 64BIT ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Honestly I don't have a clue as they are usually pretty quick on picking that sort of thing up. I suppose just carry on as is and trust to luck but for my own personal view I would be getting an OEM or using that link for the others if that key is for your own machine.
How do I go about taking off a key from the memory of another laptop
Also my friend can you please tell me what will happen if they find out .what
Would happen 2 my laptop and the other 2.cheers buddy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2013   #85
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Actually I don't know but am hazarding a guess at they are registering the motherboard serial number or some other form of ID when you install onto it.
As to what the consequences are again I don't know but I reckon a stern warning at least and I have an idea that updates and support cannot be accessed if it is being run "illegally".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2013   #86
gregrocker

 

Unless you have retail Home Premium Family 3 pack, you can only activate one Win7 with the same key at a time. Any exception will eventually be detected and flagged during various checks done when connecting to the internet.

So I'd activate the other installs with a new Genuine Product Key for that version. To change the Product Key use the link at Computer>Properties. If the link is missing use the command given to insert Product Key in SLMgr Commands and Options from an Elevated Command Prompt.

You may only ask about ways to rectify this lest the moderators may deem it a discussion about circumventing activation, for which these forums have a zero tolerance policy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2013   #87
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Unless you have retail Home Premium Family 3 pack, you can only activate one Win7 with the same key at a time. Any exception will eventually be detected and flagged during various checks done when connecting to the internet.

So I'd activate the other installs with a new Genuine Product Key for that version. To change the Product Key use the link at Computer>Properties. If the link is missing use the command given to insert Product Key in SLMgr Commands and Options from an Elevated Command Prompt.

You may only ask about ways to rectify this lest the moderators may deem it a discussion about circumventing activation, for which these forums have a zero tolerance policy.
Thanks Greg I was wondering quite how to put it That last comment I had thought about too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2013   #88
2009joseph

WINDOWS 7 64BIT ultimate
 
 

Thanks guys well my friends and my grilfrends laptop still have there own key sticker at the back. Of the laptop
The only reason I put my boot CD on there's as they had no boot system restore CD for there's
And when my friends hdd failed that was the only way I thought of getting it going.
But now with the help of this forum and you guys I know how 2 do it now.
Quick question my girlfriend laptop I put on my CD on it and it now has win 7 h p but I saw her
Sticker she had on her laptop and the key it was for win vista h p
.is that a bad one or shall I leave my win 7 h p on it Instead of what she had
Original one windows vista h p .cheers again guys for your help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2013   #89
2009joseph

WINDOWS 7 64BIT ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Unless you have retail Home Premium Family 3 pack, you can only activate one Win7 with the same key at a time. Any exception will eventually be detected and flagged during various checks done when connecting to the internet.

So I'd activate the other installs with a new Genuine Product Key for that version. To change the Product Key use the link at Computer>Properties. If the link is missing use the command given to insert Product Key in SLMgr Commands and Options from an Elevated Command Prompt.

You may only ask about ways to rectify this lest the moderators may deem it a discussion about circumventing activation, for which these forums have a zero tolerance policy.
Hello my friend im not sure what it is when I got my tos new
It had a software on it called toshiba media creater and the manual
Said before using it 2 make a restore CD so I did it took 2 dvd cds to make it
And I did.so I'm not sure what this is called.if called a retail h p pack 3.I'm just not sure what it only
Think I know and have found out through you guys help as it don't have service
Pack 1 on it .I found out that when I was upgrading my hdd
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2013   #90
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Joseph the Toshiba would have an OEM version on it - you can still use the tutorial seebelow

REINSTALL

Forinstalling I prefer a disk to be honest but if you want to try again this isthe one to follow
CleanReinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 make sureit is the right version ie Home Premium or Ultimate whatever you have a codefor and then the language and do not use the ones with a large "N" or"old" beside them.
You can use a disk or USB stick with this.


The Vista one well at a guess I would say you need to get a new key or an OEM for it. It will come with SP1.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Toshiba recovery cd




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How do i use my recovery disks? Toshiba L450D
How can i use my recovery disk that I created after I got the laptop it is a Toshiba L450D 12X and I not sure how to use them any suggestions? Its running Windows 7 Pro Link: Satellite Pro L450D-12X - Toshiba Many Thanks:)
Backup and Restore
Reinstallation using recovery disks on toshiba
Hi, I have a toshiba satellite L740 laptop. I have created the recovery disks from recovery media creator. I am trying to reinstall windows 7 using these disks but i'm not knowing how to do that. I am not able to enter the bios settings on start up. Should i have the original windows 7...
Installation & Setup
How do I use a Toshiba Windows Recovery Environment CD?. Help please
Hi, I am recovering right now a Toshiba Laptop C655-55503 Windows 7 using 4 Recovery CDs that comes with. I am just running the 4th recovery CD to finish but, with the CD´s is coming also a 5th CD named “Toshiba C655-55503 Windows Recovery Entironment”. My question is, how do I have use this...
Installation & Setup
How do I repair my recovery HDD on my Toshiba Satellite
Hello everyone, I bought a used Lap top off of a former classmate of mine and after using it for about 6 months, I decided to do a complete factory restore on it to clean it up. I do not have any recovery disks so I need to do the factory restore using the HDD. for some reason I can not run...
Hardware & Devices
Recovery disc toshiba satalite m35-s359
Anyone here have a clue or link to a site where i can get a xp recovery disc for this laptop or even better a version of win 8 preview atleast so i can install and fix the system that won't boot due to ill use
Installation & Setup
Toshiba Satellite Pro C650-18D HDD Recovery
Hi, my laptop has a 250GB hard drive which is split Windows (C) 116GB and Data(D) 116GB. The Data contains the Toshiba HDD Recovery Software(7GB). My C drive is nearly full, is there anyway I can either reduce the size of the D partition or remove it totally. My operating system is Windows...
Backup and Restore


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:51.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App