Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Reformat gone bad - please help

12 Jan 2014   #311
arayfo1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Would u prefer that I attempt to make a text file rather than posting a screenshot?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Jan 2014   #312
2xg

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by arayfo1 View Post
Would u prefer that I attempt to make a text file rather than posting a screenshot?
That will be great!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2014   #313
arayfo1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

How's that?

ipconfigall.txt


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Jan 2014   #314
2xg

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Good job arayfo1..... Still no sign of connections.....hang in there....
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by arayfo1 View Post
How's that?

Attachment 301476
Next task for you, please run these commands:

Click on Start> All Programs> Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt, then type these commands in this order:

netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log then tap the enter key after
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log then tap the enter key after
netsh winsock reset catalog then tap the enter key after

Restart the computer after.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2014   #315
2xg

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
You can copy and paste each of those commands in the CMD box to assure accuracy. They must be exact.
Thanks Greg, I was going to suggest that, but he's using a Windows 8 computer to post here, his Windows 7 computer doesn't have any connectivity at all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2014   #316
arayfo1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Done.

Whenever I tried the second command it said: There's no user specified settings to be removed.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Good job arayfo1..... Still no sign of connections.....hang in there....
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by arayfo1 View Post
How's that?

Attachment 301476
Next task for you, please run these commands:

Click on Start> All Programs> Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt, then type these commands in this order:

netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log then tap the enter key after
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log then tap the enter key after
netsh winsock reset catalog then tap the enter key after

Restart the computer after.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2014   #317
2xg

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

It's okay for the second command.....Did you restart the computer after?

Can you please connect your computer directly to your router and see if you can access the internet?

Forgot to ask, what Security or Anti Virus programs do you have installed in your computer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2014   #318
arayfo1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Yes, I restarted the pc.

I connected the pc via ethernet and there was no connection. Also, I've noticed the light on the router which usually lights up green is flashing green and yellow. Aren't ethernet cables usually universal/compatible with different types of devices?

My Windows 7 pc has Windows firewall only.

Windows 8 pc has Windows Defender/Malwarebytes/Super-anti-spyware/Advanced System Care/Probably something from HP as well.

Nevermind about the green and yellow light. It looks the same now that I've reconnected Windows 8 machine.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
It's okay for the second command.....Did you restart the computer after?

Can you please connect your computer directly to your router and see if you can access the internet?

Forgot to ask, what Security or Anti Virus programs do you have installed in your computer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2014   #319
2xg

Win7 & Win8 64bit
 
 

Is it possible for you to connect this laptop to another Wi-Fi networks? Do you a neighbor that you can bother and try to go there or perhaps connect using their broadband connection?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jan 2014   #320
arayfo1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

It's a desktop so I don't think I could try to connect it at a public wifi hotspot, but I could try to connect to my sister's personal hotspot the next time I see her. The problem is she lives an hour away.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2xg View Post
Is it possible for you to connect this laptop to another Wi-Fi networks? Do you a neighbor that you can bother and try to go there or perhaps connect using their broadband connection?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Reformat gone bad - please help




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Well this is new....Cant Reformat
Hi, I was constantly getting Blue screens of death and couldnt even boot up windows after a while of this. I tried booting windows from usb and always got either a BSOD or a black "windows boot manager" screen. Saying something like I had a non reading dvd drive. So I just purchased a...
BSOD Help and Support
Reformat help
I am trying to refomat my gateway laptop, I do not a a disk and overtime I try to burn the reformat imagine to a disk it fails. I cannot restore it either an error pops up. I have tried the boot menu and see where the option to reformat is but its not highlighted and I cannot click it. Is there...
Backup and Restore
There MUST be a way! EFS (after reformat)
Brink, a moderator on Vistax64, who I think contributes on here, has given endless amounts of awesome tutorials and workarounds. Kudos for the slipstream how-to. However, this one remains unsolved. I haven't tried his workaround, but am working on this third party app to solve the...
System Security
External crashed asks to reformat cannot reformat
I dont know if this is the right place but sounds right, My wd 1 tb my book has gone weird, yesterday it randomly popped up saying the drive needs to be formatted to be used. It already had 100 gb's worth of files on it. I tried reformating it but it said it failed. Now I cannot even get it to load...
Hardware & Devices
Can't reformat
I am trying to install Win7 64x and I had 2 partitions originally, one system partition with 32x vista and one storage partition. I already backed them up on an external so I want to reformat the current internal drive and install windows 7 64x. In the installation screen, I went to Custom...
Installation & Setup
reformat
need help,how will i reformat my laptop ACER ASPIRE 5332 USING WINDOWS 7?DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. pls. help me:cry:
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:07.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App