Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 maybe thinks it's on (E:) and not (C:)

23 Jan 2014   #21
gregrocker

 

I would use Partition Wizard, or the Win7 disk/flash stick installer or System Repair Disk
Command line to confirm Partition Marked Active,
then also use the disk to run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times.

If System files are corrupt then so might be the onboard repair files.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Jan 2014   #22
AlexTF

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
I would use Partition Wizard, or the Win7 disk/flash stick installer or System Repair Disk
Command line to confirm Partition Marked Active,
then also use the disk to run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times.

If System files are corrupt then so might be the onboard repair files.
Alright I clicked Use recovery tools that can help fix your.... and it says, Attempting repairs...
Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.


Attached Thumbnails
Windows 7 maybe thinks it's on (E:) and not (C:)-1549464_198055590392352_1295288071_n.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2014   #23
gregrocker

 

Use Partition Wizard boot disk and the Win7 disk to do the steps I just gave you if you have not, then post back a camera snap of PW drive map showing all listings clearly.

Try the bootrec commands you mentioned earlier from the 7 disk Command Line accessed by booting the disk, at first screen press Shift + F10 to open Command Box. This may force it to show an install to repair.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jan 2014   #24
AlexTF

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Use Partition Wizard boot disk and the Win7 disk to do the steps I just gave you if you have not, then post back a camera snap of PW drive map showing all listings clearly.

Try the bootrec commands you mentioned earlier from the 7 disk Command Line accessed by booting the disk, at first screen press Shift + F10 to open Command Box. This may force it to show an install to repair.
It says Windows will search for an Operating System to repair. my doesn't do anything it just stays like the photo i took before and when i put load drivers this pops out, Insert the installation media for the device and click OK to select the driver and this happens


Attached Thumbnails
Windows 7 maybe thinks it's on (E:) and not (C:)-1555461_198065867057991_2009499366_n.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2014   #25
gregrocker

 

Waiting for any confirmation that you have marked C Active and run three Startup Repairs.

I'd use Partition Wizard boot disk to mark C Active, so you can post back a camera snap of the drive map showing all listings. It is those listings we need to see.

Otherwise use Diskpart from the Win7 disk Command Line to Mark Active then run the 3 repairs. You can access Startup Repair on the next menu even if Win7 doesn't show up in the windows to repair. It may still work. But if it never appears then to force it use the bootrec commands you referenced earlier, but from the disk Command Line.

ANy questions?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2014   #26
AlexTF

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Waiting for any confirmation that you have marked C Active and run three Startup Repairs.

I'd use Partition Wizard boot disk to mark C Active, so you can post back a camera snap of the drive map showing all listings. It is those listings we need to see.

Otherwise use Diskpart from the Win7 disk Command Line to Mark Active then run the 3 repairs. You can access Startup Repair on the next menu even if Win7 doesn't show up in the windows to repair. It may still work. But if it never appears then to force it use the bootrec commands you referenced earlier, but from the disk Command Line.

ANy questions?
When I run the bootable partition wizard my laptop just restarts it's installed right because i've used the same program before and it gets the the boot menu where i get three options but all three make my computer restart.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2014   #27
AlexTF

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexTF View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Waiting for any confirmation that you have marked C Active and run three Startup Repairs.

I'd use Partition Wizard boot disk to mark C Active, so you can post back a camera snap of the drive map showing all listings. It is those listings we need to see.

Otherwise use Diskpart from the Win7 disk Command Line to Mark Active then run the 3 repairs. You can access Startup Repair on the next menu even if Win7 doesn't show up in the windows to repair. It may still work. But if it never appears then to force it use the bootrec commands you referenced earlier, but from the disk Command Line.

ANy questions?
When I run the bootable partition wizard my laptop just restarts it's installed right because i've used the same program before and it gets the the boot menu where i get three options but all three make my computer restart.
Alright i used the other option and here are my partitions.


Attached Thumbnails
Windows 7 maybe thinks it's on (E:) and not (C:)-1044515_198088820389029_1143793608_n-1-.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2014   #28
gregrocker

 

Confirm you have been attempting these repairs from the booted Win7 disk.

In diskpart from where you are now in screenshot type:

Sel Part 1

Detail Part

Is it marked Active?

If not type:

Active

Then run Startup Repair 3 separate times, with reboots, no matter what it reports..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2014   #29
AlexTF

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Confirm you have been attempting these repairs from the booted Win7 disk.

In diskpart from where you are now in screenshot type:

Sel Part 1

Detail

Is it marked Active?

If not type:

Active

Then run Startup Repair 3 separate times, with reboots, no matter what it reports..Wait this is edited didnt you just say to reset the bios to default or did i see that somewhere else??
Reset to default here is what it looks like


Attached Thumbnails
Windows 7 maybe thinks it's on (E:) and not (C:)-1505158_198090477055530_619152260_n.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2014   #30
gregrocker

 

Elsewhere under storage there should be a SATA controller setting. You may need to highlight it and click Enter to see if you can change it's setting. What are the choices?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 maybe thinks it's on (E:) and not (C:)




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Wireless connected, but Windows thinks it's not
Hi. I'm currently connected to the internet through a wireless network to post this thread. If I open the wireless network connections, under the list of network names, it says I'm connected. However, the taskbar icon shows no connection, and Windows recognizes no connection if, for example, I go...
Network & Sharing
Windows 8. Am I the only one that thinks that it's stupid?
I don't like Windows 8. Why? My friend has a new computer with Windows 8, this what I didn't like about it >> It's hard to navigate. >> When trying to find Bluetooth, I searched the UI, and could not for the life of me. >> Speaking of UI, it sucks, I don't like navigating through so much...
General Discussion
Windows 8: Not even Microsoft thinks businesses will use it
Read the rest of the story at The Register here;
News
Lost sound, but windows thinks I still have it
My speakers and headset work just fine when plugged into another PC, neither work on mine in any port. This happened suddenly: I did a Windows Update to SP1 yesterday, and last night I put it on hibernate like usual. But when I woke up, my PC seemed to have restarted itself for an unknown reason;...
Sound & Audio
Windows 7 thinks there are 3 monitors when only 2 are connected
Heya I connected second graphic card to my old system. Windows for some reason thinks there are 3 monitors connected where as I have only 2. How do I set it back to 2 so my mouse would stop wondering off screen? Thanks, bye.
General Discussion
Windows 7 thinks there are two installations
I recently had a friend try to boot a DVD off my system and now am having problems with my MBR. The system keeps coming up asking me which installation of Windows 7 I want to run. If I choose the first one I get an error that says the installation doesn't exist (which it doesn't). I have...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App