1. I have Windows XP Sp3 (32bit)
2. I clean installed Windows 7 Professional (64bit) on a different partition for a dual boot.
3. Windows 7 installed nicely. I was on my new desktop.
4. Went to have coffee and chat with the neighbor
5. Came back and the new Windows 7 hung there, and my taskbar disappeared. Desktop with nothing on it.
6. Restarted my system, chose Windows 7 to load, got to the 'windows starting' with the nice colored logo. And then... Black screen and system hang. Tried again, same thing.
7. Reinstalled Windows 7. Got through untill the last part of installation, again got to the logo, and then black screen and system hang.
Now I can't finish installing.
My Xp Sp3 still boots and functions perfectly.