I'd like to install Windows 7 x64 Profesional on a new Intel SSD (TRIM support). I'd prefer not to upgrade my existing Vista x64 because I have a ton of junk I've installed over the last couple years and my system just needs a nuke n' pave...
Anyway, I'm looking for a lil guidance if the following is possible (or advisable):
1. Install my new SSD in my current Vista x64 and verify it's working properly (put nothing on it, just verify it's available)
2. Unplug my existing 3 SATA platter drives so only the new (empty) SSD is available.
3. Boot of the Windows 7 x64 media and do a new/clean install to my SSD.
4. After install I'd boot, configure, and apply all applicable Windows 7 updates.
5. After upto date, I'd plug in my 3 internal SATA platter drives and boot it back up.
6. I could then pick and choose what I need to from my previous C drive (Vista drive) in terms of music, photos, etc and move them off so that I need nothing else from my "old" Vista C drive.
7. Format this "old" Vista C drive and now use it for normal data storage.
Is the above a good way to go?
Thanks for any help you can provide!