Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: upgrade to win 7 ultimate from win pro test

27 Dec 2014   #21
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Is your current install 32 bit or 64 bit? Are you "Booting" from it or running it from Windows? Did you try just entering the key via anytime upgrade?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Dec 2014   #22
gregrocker

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Again, the 64 bit ISO needed to install with his existing Product Key Is provided in Step 1 of Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7
Not to be picky but that's the first time you've posted that link in this thread? For me it is anyway, I have signatures turned off, if that's where it is. I see references to it but no actual posted link in your posts? That may be why I'm missing it.
Thanks for the heads up. I am posting from phone so can't drag bookmarks into posts until I find a phone or app that does this like I do with mouse on laptop easily from Firefox drop down menu. Any suggestions? It may guide my next phone purchase. Having to open the bookmark to copy it on iPhone wastes time.

So I refer to links in signature or "under picture below" for those who don't know what signature is. But I didn't know these can be turned off.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2014   #23
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Again, the 64 bit ISO needed to install with his existing Product Key Is provided in Step 1 of Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7
Not to be picky but that's the first time you've posted that link in this thread? For me it is anyway, I have signatures turned off, if that's where it is. I see references to it but no actual posted link in your posts? That may be why I'm missing it.
Thanks for the heads up. I am posting from phone so can't drag bookmarks into posts until I find a phone or app that does this like I do with mouse on laptop easily from Firefox drop down menu. Any suggestions? It may guide my next phone purchase. Having to open the bookmark to copy it on iPhone wastes time.

So I refer to links in signature or "under picture below" for those who don't know what signature is. But I didn't know these can be turned off.
I forget sometimes that I have signatures turned off. It's one of the first things I do when I join a forum and after a while I just forget they even exist. The irony is sometimes I'll actually put a little phrase in my own sig even though I'll never see it. Just a short one liner etc. What I should probably do is change it to read "I have signatures turned off". I don't own a cell phone or tablet so I can't help you there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Dec 2014   #24
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Greg you can go to User CP and turn Show Signatures on or off.

I show Signatures because on Johns forums the size ect. are controlled.
Some sites the Signatures are 80% of every post and it makes it very hard to read the post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2014   #25
nikonfruit

windows ultimate 64bit
 
 

hi and thanks everyone I tried the disk in a different drive and hey presto! all done now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2014   #26
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Greg you can go to User CP and turn Show Signatures on or off.

I show Signatures because on Johns forums the size ect. are controlled.
Some sites the Signatures are 80% of every post and it makes it very hard to read the post.
That's why I started turning them off years ago.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2014   #27
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nikonfruit View Post
hi and thanks everyone I tried the disk in a different drive and hey presto! all done now
Good to hear.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 upgrade to win 7 ultimate from win pro test




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Upgrade to Ultimate from Home Premium - Anytime Upgrade or reinstall?
I'm trying to find out the easiest way to go about upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) to Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) and what issues I might run into. I don't want to reinstall everything (Or anything if possible) so am looking for the easiest option to upgrade. Anytime upgrade...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade with non-upgrade Ultimate license?
I'm about to buy a new laptop from Costco with Win 7 Home Premium. On my old (now smashed) laptop I have a Win 7 Ultimate install. Can I just use the Ultimate serial key to do the Anytime Upgrade on the new machine? I keep reading that I need to buy an "upgrade key." Thanks
Installation & Setup
Test drive Windows 7 Ultimate in explorer
https://cmg.vlabcenter.com/default.aspx?moduleid=a33d8b0a-9b29-40e9-8337-c492621c7a19 Regards....Mike Connor
News
Installing W7 Ultimate upgrade over ummm... W7 Ultimate
I need to reinstall the Windows 7 Ultimate on my machine because of endless problems I am having after I changed my motherboard. Currently installed OS is Ultimate 64bit which is an upgrade from Vista Home 64bit. The problem is I lost my both Vista and Ultimate DVDs and need to buy a new one. ...
Installation & Setup
Trouble upgrade from Vista Ultimate(32) - 7 Ultimate 32
I'm trying to upgrade a computer from Vista Ultimate (32 bit) to 7 Ultimate (32 bit) and I keep receiving this error message: "This installation disc isn't compatible with your version of Windows. To upgrade, you need the correct installation disc. For more information, check your computer's...
Installation & Setup
BSOD During upgrade from Vista Ultimate to 7 Ultimate
I've tried to upgrade from Vista Ultimate 32 bit to 7 Ultimate 32 bit numerous times now, all with the same result: a BSOD during the install process, which I get during (what I think is) the final step called "Transferring files, settings and programs." The installation compatibility test warns...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:46.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App