Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Clevo Probook w651sf | Cant install win7 in uefi mode

03 Jun 2015   #1
n0br4n

win8.1 pro x64
 
 
Clevo Probook w651sf | Cant install win7 in uefi mode

Hello , i cant install win 7 in uefi mode , getting this error >

Some1 can help me ?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Jun 2015   #2
gregrocker

 

If this is a WIndows 8 PC you must disable Secure Boot in BIOS setup, then boot the Win7 DVD as a UEFI DVD drive. Delete all partitions during the install.

A flash stick installer must be formatted for UEFI using only Option One of UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2015   #3
n0br4n

win8.1 pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
If this is a WIndows 8 PC you must disable Secure Boot in BIOS setup, then boot the Win7 DVD as a UEFI DVD drive. Delete all partitions during the install.

A flash stick installer must be formatted for UEFI using only Option One of UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums
Secure boot is disabled already and i made usb stick by rufus with gpt mode for uefi. I think i didn't miss anything but idk why i got this error
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jun 2015   #4
gregrocker

 

Then we need to take a look at your BIOS settings choices for CSM, UEFI, Legacy BIOS and BIOS Boot order. Also are there Reset to Defaults for Other OS or Windows 7? Pictures can help.

Did you boot the installer as a UEFI flash stick device?

Do the stick over using Option One and make sure the settings don't jump any when you add the iSO. Compare it to the picture exactly before completing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2015   #5
n0br4n

win8.1 pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Then we need to take a look at your BIOS settings choices for CSM, UEFI, Legacy BIOS and BIOS Boot order. Also are there Reset to Defaults for Other OS or Windows 7? Pictures can help.

Did you boot the installer as a UEFI flash stick device?

Do the stick over using Option One and make sure the settings don't jump any when you add the iSO. Compare it to the picture exactly before completing.
all bios options are here >












yes i booted

im sure i did all whats writing on guide.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2015   #6
gregrocker

 

The error indicates the flash stick installer failed to boot and attempted to boot the hard drive and Windows instead.

This means the stick is not booting correctly. Try writing it again per my instructions above about Option One. Also make sure you're not trying to boot stick using a USB3 port which is normally blue inside.

If this fails try a DVD burned with Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool or another flash stick.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2015   #7
n0br4n

win8.1 pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
The error indicates the flash stick installer failed to boot and attempted to boot the hard drive and Windows instead.

This means the stick is not booting correctly. Try writing it again per my instructions above about Option One.

If this fails try a DVD burned with Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool or another flash stick.
i tried make flash stick by rufus , cmd and some different ways but there is same problem.

i put in bootx64.efi file to correct folder also but idk what im missing.

im sure im doing correct every step.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2015   #8
teodp

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Hi,

Did you already try with a DVD ?
This will be my next step... I'll let you know !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2015   #9
n0br4n

win8.1 pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by teodp View Post
Hi,

Did you already try with a DVD ?
This will be my next step... I'll let you know !
Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool
Quote:
The Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool does not work with UEFI.
it wont work i think.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2015   #10
teodp

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Reading the guide here UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

I thought it was possible because they mention both DVD and USB.

....unless using 'retail' DVD differs from a DVD burned from the ISO ..!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Clevo Probook w651sf | Cant install win7 in uefi mode




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How to install Windows 7 in UEFI Mode with a USB
Hey guys, I've never seen a full guide to installing Windows 7 in UEFI mode before anywhere, trust me I've looked. But I managed to pull it off a few days ago. So I thought I'd share it with you guys :) What you'll need: A Windows 7 64 bit ISO (doesn't matter what edition and can be an All in...
Installation & Setup
cannot install win7 64 on uefi system
Hello guys 1st post but i think this site may be able to help me out. I have been in IT for 17 years but i must admit this has me stumped. I have tried with Windows dvd and also I created a 64bit usb. Same issue with both, I have followed the steps for fresh install on uefi. It will load the 1st...
Installation & Setup
UEFI boot keeps changing; UEFI/Win7 handshaking confusion
Trying to understand handshaking between UEFI & Win 7. Have Win7 Pro sp1 64 installed on SSD, mb=Asus F2A85-V Pro. Example: boot to flashdrive to do Acronis backup of SSD; remove SDD, insert spinner; boot again to flashdrive to do Acronis restore to spinner (to test backup); remove flashdrive, boot...
Installation & Setup
What's the benefit of UEFI and install Windows in UEFI mode?
I am not sure if this subforum is the right place, if not, pleases help me transfer to the right forum... I recently just build a new setup with Asus P8Z77-V LK, this motherboard comes with UEFI boot and legacy BIOS boot support. So I tested install windows 7 in both mode, and I didn't find...
Installation & Setup
Is it right time to install Windows 7 x64 in UEFI mode ?
Hello Since UEFI exists, some people talk about BIOS replacement by UEFI in short-term (2011 for exemple) (see "News"). Who never has problem with BIOS bugs ? I must fight against several problems on one of my mobos because of its incorrect BIOS code, essentially for long time boot BIOS and...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:50.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App