Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Lenovo Flex 3 Laptop 1580 - Installing windows 7

22 Mar 2016   #1
logo897

windows xp, 7 home premium 64-bit, 10 on diff hard drives
 
 
Lenovo Flex 3 Laptop 1580 - Installing windows 7

Hello all,

I have a problem installing windows 7 on my new windows 10 laptop. I find it very weird how I change settings in the BIOS to support all legacy stuff like windows 7 and I try to boot from USB all the way to dvd and nothing works. What I mean is when it is done booting, it says " No drivers were found" and there's not a hard drive for me to choose windows 7. It's weird though because there are windows 7 drivers on the official support page, yet I can't install it?

I just need to see a hard drive listed but nothing pops up, and yes I've formatted it already using diskpart.


Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Mar 2016   #2
TrustMe

 
 

Do you by any chance have your USB flash drive plugged into a USB 3 port? If you do, move it to a USB 2 port. USB 3 ports usually have a blue stripe across them, USB 2 ports are black. Windows 7 install media does not have drivers for USB 3.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2016   #3
logo897

windows xp, 7 home premium 64-bit, 10 on diff hard drives
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TrustMe View Post
Do you by any chance have your USB flash drive plugged into a USB 3 port? If you do, move it to a USB 2 port. USB 3 ports usually have a blue stripe across them, USB 2 ports are black. Windows 7 install media does not have drivers for USB 3.
Hello,

I have found a way to install windows 7 by using this:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...reator-Utility

Now I have it installed but theres tons of missing drivers and no usb works and no wifi/ethernet. I think I'm stuck now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Mar 2016   #4
TrustMe

 
 

Good job on installing W7. That's the problem of going backwards when your computer was made for W10. I hope you didn't blow away your OEM recovery partition or at least made a backup image of your hard drive.

Do you have access to another computer? I never tried this but I read good things. I hope your DVD is working, you can burn it to disc to get it installed.

https://sdi-tool.org
https://sdi-tool.org/download/

There are also free driver backup programs like DriverMax that will look for missing drivers and install them. For these programs of course you will need the internet. Be careful when installing DriverMax. It comes bundled with adware and or a toolbar for you Internet brouser. When installing, read each screen carefully and decline them. I think DriverMax will install one or two free drivers every day. There is a paid version that will install them all at once. I had good luck with is one. I upgraded a Windows XP machine to W10 and couldn't get the sound driver to work. DriverMax was the only program that found the right one.

There is another program called SlimDrivers that is about the same. Be careful installing this one too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2016   #5
logo897

windows xp, 7 home premium 64-bit, 10 on diff hard drives
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TrustMe View Post
Good job on installing W7. That's the problem of going backwards when your computer was made for W10. I hope you didn't blow away your OEM recovery partition or at least made a backup image of your hard drive.

Do you have access to another computer? I never tried this but I read good things. I hope your DVD is working, you can burn it to disc to get it installed.

https://sdi-tool.org
https://sdi-tool.org/download/

There are also free driver backup programs like DriverMax that will look for missing drivers and install them. For these programs of course you will need the internet. Be careful when installing DriverMax. It comes bundled with adware and or a toolbar for you Internet brouser. When installing, read each screen carefully and decline them. I think DriverMax will install one or two free drivers every day. There is a paid version that will install them all at once. I had good luck with is one. I upgraded a Windows XP machine to W10 and couldn't get the sound driver to work. DriverMax was the only program that found the right one.

There is another program called SlimDrivers that is about the same. Be careful installing this one too.

Hi,

I do not have a dvd drive in the laptop (doesn't exist in this model sadly) and I have tried using my usb dvd drive, but no luck.

I currently have 2 usb sticks in my two, usb 3.0 ports. One of the sticks has the modified usb 3.0 windows 7 which can detect my HDD, and the other stick has drivers. I successfully installed the wifi driver but am now installing windows 7 to see if it will work. I notice that the system 1, 200MB partition went to 180mb and my file was around 20MB, so I hope it installs the wifi so I can use the driver update programs/or install drivers from the website.

Will get back to see how it does. I hope I'm doing this correctly, because when I installed the driver, no errors came up, it just went back to my hard drive page.

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2016   #6
TrustMe

 
 

At least your making progress. Good luck, keep us updated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2016   #7
logo897

windows xp, 7 home premium 64-bit, 10 on diff hard drives
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TrustMe View Post
At least your making progress. Good luck, keep us updated.
Thank you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2016   #8
logo897

windows xp, 7 home premium 64-bit, 10 on diff hard drives
 
 

It blows me away how they make it so hard to make us give up on windows 7 for these new machines. I can't give up though, I have a long history with windows 7..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2016   #9
TrustMe

 
 

Speaking of making it hard for us. Wait until you start to update, it can take hours. It's a shame the way Microsoft crippled W7 updates.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2016   #10
logo897

windows xp, 7 home premium 64-bit, 10 on diff hard drives
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TrustMe View Post
Speaking of making it hard for us. Wait until you start to update, it can take hours. It's a shame the way Microsoft crippled W7 updates.
yes it sure is

ok windows is downloading updates right now

i have the drivers in here and i am on tablet mode which i do like like compared to 10 or 8 but i guess i have to take the bad as well

heres a picture of what it looked like when i was in tablet mode.


Attached Thumbnails
Lenovo Flex 3 Laptop 1580 - Installing windows 7-capture.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Lenovo Flex 3 Laptop 1580 - Installing windows 7




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Bsod error while installing windows 7 on lenovo g50 30
Whenever I try to install Windows 7 on lenovo g50 30, bsod occurs. I've attached the bsod error screenshot. Windows 8.1 is pre installed on my laptop. Pls help me. Thanks in advance.
BSOD Help and Support
Problem with Installing Windows 8 from CD on my new Lenovo G50-80
Dear community! I have problem instaling Windows 8 on my new Lenovo laptop G50-80. I received Lenovo CD with Windows 8, inserted that CD in DVD drive and placed DVD drive as first in boot priority. The problem which I have is that my Lenovo doesn't load Windows 8, instead it goes every time...
Installation & Setup
lenovo g570 not booting after installing windows 8.1
i installed windows 8.1 using pendrive after shuting down that laptop is not starting. During boot it is not showing anything.Nothing is happening even after i press f2 or f10 or f12.my laptop is lenovo g570 please help me.
Installation & Setup
Can i know steps to install windows 7 for new lenovo laptop(having DOS
Hi all, recently i bought new laptop(lenovo g580), it is having DOS operating system. now i want to install windows 7 can i know details what i have to do for that? what drivers i had to install? please mention step by step. Thanks srinivas:cry::cry:
Installation & Setup
Can't install Windows 7 on lenovo laptop
Hello, I have recently bought a brand new Lenovo ThinkPad Edge laptop with no OS and I am having a big problem installing Windows 7. When I start the laptop the windows boots and starts loading files but when the "Starting Windows" appears everything stops... I have waited for hours but no...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:45.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App