I would very much like to try out Windows 7, since all I read about it is very positive.
I am trying to install the 64 bit version on my computer, but no matter what I do, it keeps freezing at "Completing installation" after the first reboot. For a minute or so the dots-animation is still working and I can move the mouse, but after that, it just completely freezes.
Some background information:
- I have a Asus P5K-E/WiFi mainboard with the latest BIOS installed (also tried an older BIOS);
- My processor (Intel Q6600) is overclocked to 3 GHz, but I have also tried the install at stock speed (2.4 GHz);
- The jMicron controller is disabled;
- SATA mode is AHCI. This is working fine with my Windows XP installation;
- My video card is a Radeon HD2600 card with 2 DVI outputs, both connected to a monitor. I also tried connecting just one monitor, without success;
- It doesn't matter whether I install from DVD or USB flash disk, the exact same thing happens;
- I have a USB soundcard (Digidesign MBox I), but disconnecting it during installation doesn't help;
- I use a Logitech USB mouse/keyboard set;
- I have two DSP cards installed in my PC, a UAD-2 and a SSL Duende, both working fine with XP.
I'm puzzled. Anyone have a clue?