Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Is there a way to go back to Vista?


28 Nov 2009   #1

Win 7
 
 
Is there a way to go back to Vista?

I am going nuts.
I can't get my Blackberry to sync and I've tried a number of versions of the Blackbery software and tried compatibility.
Outlook is making sounds, even though I've turned the sounds off in the options panels.
I am getting false popups telling me that one of my external drives (2TB ESATA) has problems, but it doesn't. I've run checkdsk on it, and I've run backups to it with no problems.
I did solve 2 problems, one with compatibility.
For a while my external drives disappeared after about 20 minutes with out being accessed. Luckily I found the answer on a forum.
I've been in this business for 40+ years and this is the worst version of windows I've seen.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Nov 2009   #2

7 Pro x64
 
 

Did you upgrade or clean install? Do you have a Vista backup disc?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #3

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Cathbad View Post
I've been in this business for 40+ years and this is the worst version of windows I've seen.
A little patience is always called for with any M$ system prior to SP1, however if you've been in the business as long as you say you have then I'm sure you will have drive imaged (sic; cloned....) your Vista installation and can therefore readily and easily restore it whilst you enjoy a relaxing cup of tea...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Nov 2009   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Qdos View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Cathbad View Post
I've been in this business for 40+ years and this is the worst version of windows I've seen.
A little patience is always called for with any M$ system prior to SP1, however if you've been in the business as long as you say you have then I'm sure you will have drive imaged (sic; cloned....) your Vista installation and can therefore readily and easily restore it whilst you enjoy a relaxing cup of tea...
+999
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #5
Microsoft MVP

 

If you have a windows.old folder you can roll it back that way.

Beta tester for a year and the buggiest betas of Windows 7 were better than any previous MS OS to me, so this sounds like a bad in-place Upgrade - the reason why any tech-enthusiast advises against them.

Suggest you back up everything, boot from the installer and format for the cleanest possible install of the greatest OS ever.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2009   #6

7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
... so this sounds like a bad in-place Upgrade - the reason why any tech-enthusiast advises against them.
My thoughts as well...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2009   #7

Windows 7 Pro & Vista Home Premium
 
 

How to: Remove or ‘uninstall’ Windows 7 (or any other installed OS

NOTE: This article is mainly focused on how to remove Windows 7. However, the methods here still apply even if you are trying to remove a different OS such as Vista or XP.

At this point, there are bound to be many people who the Windows 7 fetish has worn off of. So now they want to remove Windows 7 but are not sure how (obviously I am not talking to the tech gurus here). I am one of these people... the ones that want to remove Windows 7 that is, not the ones that don't know how =).
Going on and off from Linux a lot, I have quite a bit of experience when it comes to installing/'uninstalling' an OS besides your primary Windows. So I figured I should make a post about how to remove Windows 7 in case there are people out there who are not sure how. Maybe I will even make a few bucks on the way.

More............How to: Remove or ‘uninstall’ Windows 7 (or any other installed OS) | Tips 'n Tricks | dotTech [.org]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2009   #8

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

He's been in the bussiness for 40+ years but doesn't know how to reinstall Vista?

A couple of fixable pop ups makes this the worst Op system he's ever seen?

Go complain to the Blackberry forum because the only problem I see is because BB has not made sync work correctly in Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2009   #9

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
He's been in the bussiness for 40+ years but doesn't know how to reinstall Vista?

A couple of fixable pop ups makes this the worst Op system he's ever seen?

Go complain to the Blackberry forum because the only problem I see is because BB has not made sync work correctly in Windows 7.
Precisely, +1
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Is there a way to go back to Vista?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Is there a way to go back to Vista?
Thread Forum
please help me, I want to go back to vista now :( Installation & Setup
Could you go back to Vista/XP?? General Discussion
Could you go back to Vista/XP without Windows 7? General Discussion
How many are going back to Vista or XP? General Discussion
Im going back to Vista... General Discussion
Back to Vista! General Discussion
Gone back to Vista x64 sp1 General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33