|19 Dec 2009||#1|
| || |
Win 7 x32 & Win 7 x64 Dual Boot problem
Hi Guys, I have tried searching through your old threads but didn't find anything that could help me. Apologies if I have missed anything
Anyway this is my problem:
1) I installed a new hard drive and installed windows 7 x64 on it. I used this for several months dual booting with an existing windows 7 x32 OS that was on another physical drive.
2) I have now bought a faster HD and have installed windows 7 x32 onto it.
3) When I did this I unplugged my other drives (this I suspect caused the problem)
4) I have installed drivers etc then plugged in my other hard drives which all installed fine.
5) I now have the New Windows 7 x32 (on faster drive) and the Windows 7 x64 form before showing in my computer.
6) The problem is the 64 bit Windows 7 doesn't show in the dual boot menu, indeed the dual boot menu doesn't show
7) I have looked in the msconfig and only the new install of windows 7 x32 is showing.
Question is, how do I get it to recognise the 64 bit OS again. I have been on this for about 4 hours and can't find a solution
Any help even if pointing to an appropriate thread would be greatly appreciated.
|My System Specs|
|19 Dec 2009||#3|
| || |
Hello Martyn, Welcome!
This is one of the easier problems we come across. Don't worry, even if the first couple of suggestions don't work, it will get taken care of.
Have you tried running a Startup Repair? Run it 3 times, or until it works.
Hope it works,
I did as you suggested and it worked first time.
Many many thanks sir!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Win 7 x32 & Win 7 x64 Dual Boot problem|
|Dual Boot problem, Ubuntu is the main boot||Installation & Setup|
|Dual boot with cloned copy - boot problem||Installation & Setup|
|Problem reverting from Dual Boot to Single Boot||Installation & Setup|
|dual boot (WIn XP & Win 7). Problem!!||Installation & Setup|
|Dual boot xp and win 7 boot manager problem.||Installation & Setup|
|Dual boot XP with W7RC boot problem||Installation & Setup|
|Windows boot up problem in dual boot(win 7 & OSx86)||General Discussion|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.