Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Load Driver: Required CD/DVD Drive Device Driver: HELP!


21 Dec 2009   #11

Vista Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Yes, first confirm the HASH fail by copying the SHA1 and ISO/CRC HASHes into Hashtab for auto-checking against checked sums.

Then redownload, verify HASH checksum, burn to DVD using ImgBurn at 4x with Verify Attachment 42896

You need to update your BIOS.
Fantastic. I'll circle back when I'm finished.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Dec 2009   #12
Microsoft MVP

 

If the new download gets the same error, then try changing your SATA controller setting in BIOS, between IDE and ACHI.

Check the jumper on the DVD drive; replug or swap the ribbon cable.

Write the ISO to USB flash using UltraISO trial version Bootable tab.

Extract the SATA controller driver onto flash stick then load into booted Windows 7 installer at Custom drives screen prompt.

Boot into Windows 7 DVD Repair console and format the drive to attempt to force the install:

Boot DVD>Repair console>Recovery tools, open Command Line, type:
DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK # (for Windows 7 disk)
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
assign letter=c:
active
format
exit
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #13

Vista Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
If the new download gets the same error, then try changing your SATA controller setting in BIOS, between IDE and ACHI.

Load the SATA controller driver into booted Windows 7 installer at Custom drives screen prompt using flash stick.

Boot into Windows 7 DVD Repair console and format the drive to attempt to force the install:

Boot DVD>Repair console>Recovery tools, open Command Line, type:
DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK # (for Windows 7 disk)
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
assign letter=c:
active
format
exit
I confirmed the HASH fail for both the CRC and the SHA-1. The re-download is at 14%... going to take a while. In the meantime, I tried to install the updated BIOS, however it requires a reboot. I'll run that after I'm done re-downloading the .iso and burning it with ImgBurn.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Dec 2009   #14

Vista Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
If the new download gets the same error, then try changing your SATA controller setting in BIOS, between IDE and ACHI.
I did this. It was configured to ACHI by default, so no dice.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker
Write the ISO to USB flash using UltraISO trial version Bootable tab.

Extract the SATA controller driver onto flash stick then load into booted Windows 7 installer at Custom drives screen prompt.

Boot into Windows 7 DVD Repair console and format the drive to attempt to force the install:

Boot DVD>Repair console>Recovery tools, open Command Line, type:
DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK # (for Windows 7 disk)
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
assign letter=c:
active
format
exit
I did this. Booted up the Windows 7 Install wizard without any problems, however I came across the same "Load Driver" issue in setup.

As for choosing the "Windows 7 disk", were you referring to my actual hard drive? I have two drives showing; one is 232 GB and the other is 7663 MB.

I wiped my internal drive, formatting it the way you wanted, and setup still had the same problem. Furthermore, I can't boot up normally anymore as the drive is wiped (I have everything backed up on an external).

Where to go from here?

Also, it doesn't seem as though I can even access my recovery partition anymore..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #15

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Did you try changing the disk controller to anything that is not ahci?

Try just selecting IDE or ATA mode.

See if that helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #16

Vista Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Did you try changing the disk controller to anything that is not achi?
I'm doing that right now. Now I have it configured to ATA, I'll let you know what happens.

EDIT: Same problem. "Load Driver: A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing..."
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #17
Microsoft MVP

 

The recov partition should have been wiped with the commands given. It might be interfering at this point, blocking the installer from autostarting as it should on an empty drive.

The only way it would be functional is to attempt to trigger it by using the F-key given at bootup.

How old is the Dell? If within a year, you might want to call Dell tech support as this may well be a known issue on that model.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #18

Vista Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
The recov partition should have been wiped with the commands given. It might be interfering at this point, blocking the installer from autostarting as it should on an empty drive.

The only way it would be functional is to attempt to trigger it by using the F-key given at bootup.

How old is the Dell? If within a year, you might want to call Dell tech support as this may well be a known issue on that model.
I got this Dell in August of 2008, so it's been about a year and 4 months. I'll give this a try, thanks again.

F-key did nothing. It gets past the Dell screen and says "BOOTMGR is missing. CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart". :/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #19
Microsoft MVP

 

Most all recov partitions are disabled when the drive is cleaned and formatted. It should have been deleted then. I would delete it now, reformat the drive and try again with a cleaner slate.

Your path back to Vista can be the recov disks, or any Vista installer for your version. I'd move ahead though and get Windows 7 installed. SIW2 is here (my teacher) so you have the smartest guy on this now.

What were the settings available for SATA controller in the BIOS?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #20

Vista Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Most all recov partitions are disabled when the drive is cleaned and formatted. It should have been deleted then. I would delete it now, reformat the drive and try again with a cleaner slate.

Your path back to Vista can be the recov disks, or any Vista installer for your version. I'd move ahead though and get Windows 7 installed. SIW2 is here (my teacher) so you have the smartest guy on this now.

What were the settings available for SATA controller in the BIOS?
The available settings under "Onboard Devices" and "SATA Operation" are ATA and AHCI. In order for me to switch from ACHI to ATA, I had to turn off the Flash Cache Module.

Both SATA operations left me with the same result.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Load Driver: Required CD/DVD Drive Device Driver: HELP!




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33