Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HP Pavillion dv6000 Nightmare


21 Dec 2009   #1

Windows 7
 
 
HP Pavillion dv6000 Nightmare

I just purchased Windows 7 Home Premium yesterday and now I don't have a laptop. I formatted the whole drive and have a blank drive no recovery disks and limited knowledge. I was told that it was simple to install, just follow prompts. I have been researching for two days and see that I am not the only one with problems with this laptop or several other HP models. I will throw this thing in the trash and buy from a decent company if need be. I refuse to give in to HP's sale tactics of making you buy their recovery disks being they gave me nothing with my laptop. I can't even get the original Vista reinstalled. Trying to load drivers during install does nothing either from USB drive,cd drive or whatever else. Not to mention that the dozen drivers I have tried don't show compatible in setup as described on HP's website or even Nvidia. If your answer is buy the recovery disks please do not respond. If I have to bring it to a specialist just to put a disk in the tray and hit next with some hidden drivers than I will smash this garbage, send back Windows 7 and use my head next time before buying from money hungry companies taking advantage of innocent customers to make another million.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Dec 2009   #2

XP Pro/Vista Ultimate (64)/Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition(64)
 
 

Welcome to sevenforums bostonbaab
Can you give us some more info please? ie. what error messages you are getting, if you have set boot device to cd/dvd drive etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #3
Microsoft MVP

 

How can we help if you don't even give the problem you are having, just throw a hissy fit?

Did you buy a full retail or Upgrade version?

Start with booting from the DVD, selecting Custom install, and choose the partition where you are going to install...

Now what happens?

If it prompts for drivers to be put into the installer at the Custom drives screen link, are you unzipping the given drivers onto a flash stick and browsing to the correct folder?

Do you have a Vista DVD which you are attempting to reinstall which is giving you the same error?

We can only guess until you tell us the exact error messages and when they occur.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Dec 2009   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bostonbaab View Post
I just purchased Windows 7 Home Premium yesterday and now I don't have a laptop. I formatted the whole drive and have a blank drive no recovery disks and limited knowledge. I was told that it was simple to install, just follow prompts. I have been researching for two days and see that I am not the only one with problems with this laptop or several other HP models. I will throw this thing in the trash and buy from a decent company if need be. I refuse to give in to HP's sale tactics of making you buy their recovery disks being they gave me nothing with my laptop. I can't even get the original Vista reinstalled. Trying to load drivers during install does nothing either from USB drive,cd drive or whatever else. Not to mention that the dozen drivers I have tried don't show compatible in setup as described on HP's website or even Nvidia. If your answer is buy the recovery disks please do not respond. If I have to bring it to a specialist just to put a disk in the tray and hit next with some hidden drivers than I will smash this garbage, send back Windows 7 and use my head next time before buying from money hungry companies taking advantage of innocent customers to make another million.
We have many talented and helpful people on this staff. If you would just repost and explain precisely, what your problem is, we can solve it for you. I realize that you are upset, but if you calm down try to cooperate, your problems will be solved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2009   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate RTM (Technet)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bostonbaab View Post
I just purchased Windows 7 Home Premium yesterday and now I don't have a laptop. I formatted the whole drive and have a blank drive no recovery disks and limited knowledge. I was told that it was simple to install, just follow prompts. I have been researching for two days and see that I am not the only one with problems with this laptop or several other HP models. I will throw this thing in the trash and buy from a decent company if need be. I refuse to give in to HP's sale tactics of making you buy their recovery disks being they gave me nothing with my laptop. I can't even get the original Vista reinstalled. Trying to load drivers during install does nothing either from USB drive,cd drive or whatever else. Not to mention that the dozen drivers I have tried don't show compatible in setup as described on HP's website or even Nvidia. If your answer is buy the recovery disks please do not respond. If I have to bring it to a specialist just to put a disk in the tray and hit next with some hidden drivers than I will smash this garbage, send back Windows 7 and use my head next time before buying from money hungry companies taking advantage of innocent customers to make another million.
The DV6000 doesn't require any special drivers to install Windows 7. I can say this for certain as I'm typing this post on one running Windows 7 Ultimate. Installation was simple as pie and took about 20 minutes total. Give us some specifics.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2009   #6

XP Pro/Vista Ultimate (64)/Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition(64)
 
 

bostonbaab, how is your laptop going?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2009   #7

Laptop: Vista/7 Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MacGyvr

The DV6000 doesn't require any special drivers to install Windows 7. I can say this for certain as I'm typing this post on one running Windows 7 Ultimate. Installation was simple as pie and took about 20 minutes total. Give us some specifics.
I have a laptop in the DV6000 line and i'm having problem getting 7 up and running. I heard it didn't require special drivers, but my display is messed up and looks much worse (resolution-wise) than Vista.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2009   #8

XP Pro/Vista Ultimate (64)/Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition(64)
 
 

The DV6000 has been released with a few different graphics options, do you know which graphics chip yours has?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2009   #9

Laptop: Vista/7 Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Orpheous View Post
The DV6000 has been released with a few different graphics options, do you know which graphics chip yours has?
Mine is NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2009   #10
Microsoft MVP

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Orpheous View Post
bostonbaab, how is your laptop going?
I think he just stopped by to throw a temper tantrum.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HP Pavillion dv6000 Nightmare




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: HP Pavillion dv6000 Nightmare
Thread Forum
Upgrading HP Pavillion DV6000 From 32 bit Vista Home to Windows 7 Hardware & Devices
Reformatting hard drive on HP Pavillion dv6000 w/ Windows 7 Ultimate Installation & Setup
HP Pavilon DV6000 & Win7 Installation & Setup
DV6000 GFX Error Graphic Cards
HP DV6000 BSOD help BSOD Help and Support
hp pavillion dv6000 screen resolution problem Graphic Cards
HP DV6000 Bluetooth Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33