Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: windows 7 freezes up in installation drive problem HELP


03 Jan 2010   #1

w 7
 
 
windows 7 freezes up in installation drive problem HELP

ok there is another thread about this problem but that is my friend helping me out this ir really my computer i built. i have never built one before so there might be hardware issues who knows, but in the selection screen where you choose where you want to install windows to it has my 500 gb western digital (blue ranked) drive and if i try to click next ot creat a partition it will freeze up plus i cant seem to get into bios because the wireless keyboard i bought gives a error message in startup so i have to wait untill windows installer opens to plug in the wireless transmitter i think there is a solution in repair my pc but i dont know it sry for the wordy question but i realy need this pc to work because of it being my first one ive built. if you need the specs ask but im honetly to lazy to get the paper work from frys and type it all up right now please repond and answer will do i will try anything!!!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Jan 2010   #2

w 7
 
 
edit more info

ok plus is is a fresh drive and it is not the disk i have tryed 2 different windows installations disk and they all freeze up at the same spot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by replica View Post
ok there is another thread about this problem but that is my friend helping me out this ir really my computer i built. i have never built one before so there might be hardware issues who knows, but in the selection screen where you choose where you want to install windows to it has my 500 gb western digital (blue ranked) drive and if i try to click next ot creat a partition it will freeze up plus i cant seem to get into bios because the wireless keyboard i bought gives a error message in startup so i have to wait untill windows installer opens to plug in the wireless transmitter i think there is a solution in repair my pc but i dont know it sry for the wordy question but i realy need this pc to work because of it being my first one ive built. if you need the specs ask but im honetly to lazy to get the paper work from frys and type it all up right now please repond and answer will do i will try anything!!!


Can you download Partiton Wizard Boot Disc
Free Download Partition Wizard
Run it,when it asks you about hte resolution,select 1. Hit enter for the other warnings.

Then have a look at your HD.
Format it using NTFS and Primary,leave the other options as is.
Click Apply
Right click the newly formated HD>Set As>Set as active.

Then try rebooting using the Windows 7 disc,load drivers** and try the install then.

**I would advise downloading your driver for your bios,mobo etc and install them after formating the HD.Your keyboard problem is probably related to this.
Theres an option when installing via custom install.
I would also get a keyboard you can use to enter bios,there are certain things that need to be checked in there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Jan 2010   #4

w 7
 
 

when you say bios do you mean the motherboard drivers??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by replica View Post
when you say bios do you mean the motherboard drivers??
**Edit
Yes,motherboard.
Forgive me,it is 4:20 am

Flashing your bios wouldt do any harm either if you found the right firmware
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2010   #6

w 7
 
 

ok im sorry never done any of this before how do i install the driver???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by replica View Post
ok im sorry never done any of this before how do i install the driver???
Get it via another pc and save it to a usb,or disc.

Load the Windows 7 disc and select advanced/custom install.
On the bottom right there should be a tab saying load drivers.
Once you get to that screen either plug your usb in or load the disc with it on,then click next and go from there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2010   #8

w 7
 
 

ok well i have the disk that came with the motherboard and i put that in bu it didnt show up, any advice plus im not sure if you know this or not but i think the hdd format is wrong but idk how to chage it in the repair my pc command propt
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jan 2010   #9
Microsoft MVP

 

Boot DVD>Repair console>Recovery tools, open Command Line, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK # (for Windows 7 disk)
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
assign letter=c:
active
format
exit
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 windows 7 freezes up in installation drive problem HELP




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: windows 7 freezes up in installation drive problem HELP
Thread Forum
Windows 7 installation Freezes Installation & Setup
Windows installation freezes at 99% pls help fast Installation & Setup
Windows 7 32bit installation freezes at "completing installation" (AGA Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Installation Freezes On My New Build Installation & Setup
Installation freezes at Starting Windows Installation & Setup
Windows 7 x64 freezes in installation: Drive Partition Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Installation Freezes Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33