Well, I fixed the problem, at least part way. Win 7 is installed. I'm going to hve to set up a boot loader but it's installed.
I disconected the 500G sata drive and eliminated the floppy.
On the 160G ide, I created a new partition table and MBR. Factory specs. I partitioned that drive with a 45G primairy, an 50G backup, a 20g swap, and a few other partitions, and went for another install. it worked.
I had all ready had XP PRO on the sata drive. I now have both drives connected and it boots to XP, thats the drive I placed 1st. I'll have to get a boot loader.
I think I can boot the win 7 cd and repair the start and it will give me it's boot loader but will look into that later.
All's well except for what I lost when I put in a new partition table.