Hey everyone, just joined the forums as I just tried to install Windows 7. I used the word "tried" because I did not succeed in doing so... Background
I was using Windows XP SP3 on a very old computer when I decided to try out Windows 7, just for fun.
I knew the OS might be slower than XP, but I wanted to try it out anyway. My Specs
(please don't laugh)
Amd Duron 4 Mobile 1.30GHz
1024MB of RAM
No video card, just the default on-board one that came with the SiS motherboard. HD and Operating Systems
1 - 40GB (Windows XP SP3)
2 - 75GB (no OS)
3 - 20GB (Crunchbang Linux) The Problem
After the initial setup checklist (the one that starts with "Copying files...") checked the last item, my computer restarted itself and then my previous boot menu was gone and instead I found myself staring at the Analog Out of Range
message my monitor gave me. Solutions That Didn't Work
- Waiting a couple of minutes. I waited for 30.
- Connecting a different monitor. Same problem.
- Booting from a different hd. Same problem.
- Booting from the setup DVD again. Encountered the "Code 5" error.
- Fixing the boot manager using my old Windows XP cd. Can't : I had to supply the Windows 7 administrative password, which I don't have since the installation didn't reach that step yet.