Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Serious W7 Installation Issue


26 Feb 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Serious W7 Installation Issue

Hey guys!

I bough a Advent 4211C net book not long ago preloaded with Windows XP, after a while I got bored or it and decided to install Unbuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 completely over it!
BAD MISTAKE! After a while all sort of stuff started to happen!

So I decided to install Windows 7; I had made USB to boot off and everything. I started the set up and got to the part where you need to select a partition.

I wanted to just delete the Ubuntu/ Write over it but the set up kept saying the partition is the wrong file system and should be NFTS or something ..

How do i change the file format of the hard-drive?

**God damn you Ubuntu ! - Stupid penguin **


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Feb 2010   #2

Windows 7
 
 

You should be able to do a custom install, then when you get to the format part here should be advanced options, where you can completely format the drive and create a new partition.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Feb 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Feb 2010   #4

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
You should be able to do a custom install, then when you get to the format part here should be advanced options, where you can completely format the drive and create a new partition.
Here is another link that might help?

Partition the Hard Drive in a Windows 7 Install

Cheers!
Robert
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Feb 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iseeuu View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
You should be able to do a custom install, then when you get to the format part here should be advanced options, where you can completely format the drive and create a new partition.
Here is another link that might help?

Partition the Hard Drive in a Windows 7 Install

Cheers!
Robert
You sir deserve a medal! +1 Rep.

Thanks to all those who gave advice too btw
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Feb 2010   #6

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amcc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iseeuu View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
You should be able to do a custom install, then when you get to the format part here should be advanced options, where you can completely format the drive and create a new partition.
Here is another link that might help?

Partition the Hard Drive in a Windows 7 Install

Cheers!
Robert
You sir deserve a medal! +1 Rep.

Thanks to all those who gave advice too btw
Thank you amcc, you are most kind. We are all here to help!

Cheers!
Robert
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Serious W7 Installation Issue




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Serious W7 Installation Issue
Thread Forum
Installation Issue Installation & Setup
Installation Issue with IE9, Etc. Windows Updates & Activation
Solved Installation issue w/W7 & SSD/ HDD Installation & Setup
Installation issue Installation & Setup
Installation ram issue Hardware & Devices
Odd Re-Installation Issue Installation & Setup
Installation Issue Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33