Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I have tried many things but all seem to fail so I will give as much detail as possile....
I was installing Visual Studio on my Dell Mini 9 with Windows 7 when suddenly Windows hung for a long time and I was forced to power off. I turned it back on but couldn't get past the Windows 7 is Starting screen. No luck booting in safe mode either, it loads some drivers
then stops after loading ClassPNP.sys (googled that one for ages).
Booted up from my Windows 7 Setup USB (don't have optical drive) and veeery slowly entered the Windows System Recovery Options. I am stuck with trying to use these options to get back up and running but think my hard drive has failed.
1) Startup repair takes a very long time (overnight) and finally comes up with some error about bad sectors (will post exact message next time I run it)
2) Ideally I want to restore my computer to an earlier version but NO OPERATING SYSTEMS are listed here so I cannot use this option. (Also I cannot find any drivers for my hard disk (Runcore 64GB SSD) so I cannot 'Load Drivers'
3) I run CHKDSK from the Command Prompt. It gets to 256/350 (or so) then fails.
4) I run diskpart to try and delete my partition and start over. This fails eventually with a cyclic redundancy check error.
5) I try format c: but it tells me there is no such drive
Any help would be very appreciated and I am on hand to try out any suggestions.