Hi... As I continue to have issues with my new build, I wanted to post here for two reasons.
1) I thought this was going to be pretty easy...
2) Maybe if some other new guy out there ran across this thread, they would have some information to fall back onto.
I ran a search of the forums, but couldnt easily find the information I needed, so thus the post.
So, my issue is that while installing, I get an error that says windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error Code 0x80070057
I have tried to format the drive multiple times, but run into a "format failed" error from the command prompt when I attempt to format. Is the drive bad? Am I doing something wrong? I was in the computer industry on the hardware side for a few years back in 2000, but then moved to the application side and am now a system admin for a CRM application. I thought I knew my stuff and that this would be pretty easy, but boy how times have changed. Any help would be much appreciated.
Another note: Bios finds the drive (as I thought the SATA drivers
were not compatible) and the hard drive monitoring tool within the bios says all is OK (although I am not sure of the level of detail of this monitoring tool).
Did I forget a step in my build that I must take before attempting to install windows 7? Current Operating System, pre-install
• Do you have a single OS on your computer, are you planning on multi-booting with this installation?
• Are you multi-booting now?
• How many internal hard drives (HD) are connected to your system?
• Are they IDE or SATA? 1 SATA HDD : Seagate barracuda 7200.12 500 gig drive
• How many DVD drives are connected to your system?
• Are they IDE or SATA Drives? 1 Sony Optiarc DVD via SATA
• Any external HDs used? NO
• Check Disk Management for any HDs listed with a yellow triangle and explanation point? No triangles
• Is this a New Clean HD? Yes
Windows 7 installation details
• Have you pre-formatted the HD? Multiple attempts fail
• Which build number and version of Windows 7 are you installing? Professional, cant install
• Are you installing a 32 bit (x86) or 64 bit (x64) OS? x64
• Where did you get the ISO file from? from dvd?