Finally most awaited Windows 7 RC build 7100 both x86 and x64 leaked
on popular torrent websites and available for download as installer. You might need to create bootable dvd iso to install on your hard drive or follow this article to install windows 7 RC using USB drive
. You might be surprised to know you wont be able to install Windows 7 RC on older leaked or beta Windows 7 Build
. Microsoft has already warned that Windows 7 RC will not allow build to build upgrade.
If you donít want to format your existing Windows 7 Installed drive or want to install Windows 7 RC on older Windows 7 build (Windows Beta )
then here is how to guide. How to Upgrade Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 to Windows 7 RC Build 7100
1. Download Windows 7 RC build 7100
(if you downloaded Leaked Windows 7 RC which is not in the form of ISO then Skip to Step Number 3)
2. If you have downloaded Windows 7 RC in the form of ISO DVD then Burn ISO on dvd and copy all files & folder to your Hard Disk Drive. You may use ISO file mounting tool to extract files.
3. Now Access Source directory
within Widows 7 Copied files & folder.
4. Open the file cversion.ini
in a text editor like Notepad.
5. Replace miniclient
value from 7100 to any lower build for e.g 7100 to 7000,
6. Now Save the file cversion.ini
7. Run installer.
The above steps will be required for an RC to RTM upgrade installation.