|24 Apr 2009||#1|
Hw to upgrde Win7 Bld 7000 to Win Rc 7100
Finally most awaited Windows 7 RC build 7100 both x86 and x64 leaked on popular torrent websites and available for download as installer. You might need to create bootable dvd iso to install on your hard drive or follow this article to install windows 7 RC using USB drive. You might be surprised to know you wont be able to install Windows 7 RC on older leaked or beta Windows 7 Build. Microsoft has already warned that Windows 7 RC will not allow build to build upgrade.
If you donít want to format your existing Windows 7 Installed drive or want to install Windows 7 RC on older Windows 7 build (Windows Beta ) then here is how to guide.
How to Upgrade Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 to Windows 7 RC Build 7100
1. Download Windows 7 RC build 7100 (if you downloaded Leaked Windows 7 RC which is not in the form of ISO then Skip to Step Number 3)
2. If you have downloaded Windows 7 RC in the form of ISO DVD then Burn ISO on dvd and copy all files & folder to your Hard Disk Drive. You may use ISO file mounting tool to extract files.
3. Now Access Source directory within Widows 7 Copied files & folder.
4. Open the file cversion.ini in a text editor like Notepad.
5. Replace miniclient value from 7100 to any lower build for e.g 7100 to 7000,
6. Now Save the file cversion.ini
7. Run installer.
The above steps will be required for an RC to RTM upgrade installation.
|My System Specs|
|16 May 2009||#6|
Yeah well I got your 7100 Clean install right here...
Beta 7000 My WIRELESS NiC worked so great that even WinXP SP2 couldn't match the performance
Same with my Video Card
Though 7100 may now view all available info to parse graphics it just downright DOES NOT SEE my Wireless NiC which is the ONLY way I connect to the internet.
So if anyone out there has some sorta info on helping me get a Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter WMP54G working on Win7 7100 I'll love you forever. As of now It doesn't see any Internet other than wanting a Hardline.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Hw to upgrde Win7 Bld 7000 to Win Rc 7100|
|Dreading 7000 expiration, scared of 7100.||General Discussion|
|Windows 7, 7000--->7100 RC||General Discussion|
|Win 7 build 7000 vs 7100||Performance & Maintenance|
|Updated from 7000 to 7100||General Discussion|
|So... do I install Win7 build 7000 or 7022?||Installation & Setup|
|64bit Win7 7000 broken?||General Discussion|
|Three Days of Win7 (Build 7000)||General Discussion|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 PM.