Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: file\minint\system32\biosinfo.inf error code 4104

25 Apr 2010   #1
skyno

win 7, win xp (vpc)
 
 
file\minint\system32\biosinfo.inf error code 4104

File\minint\system32\biosinfo.inf could not be loaded.
the error code is 4104

setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit



this is what i got ont he screen after i tryed to recover the op system a second time by pressing alt+f10 on start up on an acer aspire5050. the first time i got this message:
Restore Failed reason 0xa0000000

I tryed to restore the op system because on start up message was displayed:
disc read error
press ctr+ald+del to restart

you would restart it and it would just go back to this message. I looked in bios for the boot sequence and put it to default and same thing.

Also still have yet to get into safe mode could not find the function key list to get to it. all that was displayed on start up was f2 to get to bios.

This is a laptop
with amd turion 64 2.0 ghz
256mb
80gb hdd
1gb ddr2


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Apr 2010   #2
Orbital Shark

 
 

Hi skyno,

It sounds like the recovery partition may have become corrupt. When you had Windows loaded previously were you able to see the recovery partition in 'Computer'? Was your laptop already pre-loaded with Windows 7? If not then a complete re-install of Windows 7 may be required.


OS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #3
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by skyno View Post
File\minint\system32\biosinfo.inf could not be loaded.
the error code is 4104

setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit



this is what i got ont he screen after i tryed to recover the op system a second time by pressing alt+f10 on start up on an acer aspire5050. the first time i got this message:
Restore Failed reason 0xa0000000

I tryed to restore the op system because on start up message was displayed:
disc read error
press ctr+ald+del to restart

you would restart it and it would just go back to this message. I looked in bios for the boot sequence and put it to default and same thing.

Also still have yet to get into safe mode could not find the function key list to get to it. all that was displayed on start up was f2 to get to bios.

This is a laptop
with amd turion 64 2.0 ghz
256mb
80gb hdd
1gb ddr2
this link may be of help to you Windows XP is stuck! - Windows NT / 2000 / XP to get into safe mode reboot the lappy and tap F8 repeatedly
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Apr 2010   #4
Bill2

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Hello Skyno,

Your recovery partition may be damaged or D2D recovery may be disabled in the bios. Follow the steps in this article to enable recovery in the bios or repair the recovery partition.

http://www.roundtripsolutions.com/bl...covery-broken/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2010   #5
skyno

win 7, win xp (vpc)
 
 

i will check these links out and let yall know what i come up with but the computer had vista basic on it and i dont have the recover disc or a vista basic cd, just pretty much have everything else i was hoping upgrading to 7 would be alot easyer then trying to get my hands on a recover disc or vista basic cd. The op systems i have available to me are vista business 64, win7 86, win7 pro 64, win7 pro 86, vista enterprice with sp1 64, xp pro with sp3, vista business with sp1. The reason im telling all this is ive tryed a couple of these thinking one might be better then the other as far as geting past or maybe fixin the issue. I also was going to go thru vista pro and just and put that is was vista basic and just register it latter. not sure if that would work though. Also this is not my laptop so i have no clue what happend to it was just handed it and asked if i could fix it haha. thanks for all the help so far guys i will do my best to get this thing up and running.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2010   #6
skyno

win 7, win xp (vpc)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by skyno View Post
File\minint\system32\biosinfo.inf could not be loaded.
the error code is 4104

setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit



this is what i got ont he screen after i tryed to recover the op system a second time by pressing alt+f10 on start up on an acer aspire5050. the first time i got this message:
Restore Failed reason 0xa0000000

I tryed to restore the op system because on start up message was displayed:
disc read error
press ctr+ald+del to restart

you would restart it and it would just go back to this message. I looked in bios for the boot sequence and put it to default and same thing.

Also still have yet to get into safe mode could not find the function key list to get to it. all that was displayed on start up was f2 to get to bios.

This is a laptop
with amd turion 64 2.0 ghz
256mb
80gb hdd
1gb ddr2
this link may be of help to you Windows XP is stuck! - Windows NT / 2000 / XP to get into safe mode reboot the lappy and tap F8 repeatedly
thanks for the link im suprised i didnt run into this one when i serched for 5 hours on the prob. im having lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2010   #7
skyno

win 7, win xp (vpc)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Hello Skyno,

Your recovery partition may be damaged or D2D recovery may be disabled in the bios. Follow the steps in this article to enable recovery in the bios or repair the recovery partition.

http://www.roundtripsolutions.com/bl...covery-broken/

thanks for the link
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2010   #8
skyno

win 7, win xp (vpc)
 
 

What i ended up doing was just replacing the drive and loading upgrading there op system to windows 7 pro edition. I put comodo security on there pc because i think there problems were caused by viruses since they were unfamilar with the use of the computer and from what they told me was happening right before it crashed. (pop ups after pop ups) thanks for your help everyone
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 file\minint\system32\biosinfo.inf error code 4104




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How to delete a file in system32
Hi all, I'm trying to delete a file in System32 folder. No matter what I did such as Right click, drop and drag, install Delete programm, I still cannot delete this virus file. Could you please show me how to delete that file pls. Thanks.
System Security
How to copy file to system32 folder
Hi, today i wanted paste a file to system32 directory in win 7 but i must have some kind of permission. What kind, how to enable it?. On Win xp i get communicate of access denied.
General Discussion
Unable to restore file (error code 0x8100001A)
Weeks ago I tried to restart backups after reconfiguring my hard drives. Now backups finish (with some files skipped) but I cannot restore, due to problems validating a zip archive. However, the zip archive mentioned is one that was deleted weeks ago, and it did not exist when the backup was made....
Backup and Restore
an error occurred while trying to rename a file code 5.
I have tried everything to sort this issue out. I am trying to install a patch for pro evolution soccer 2013 and as it is installing i get the error message in the title, i have tried changing take ownership options, i have looked at tutorials on it and have even done the take ownership hack but i...
System Security
when i try to use the backup tool i get the system32 file
plz help me i want to make a backup but i click "backup" and i get the "system32" file
Backup and Restore
XP boot error: missing or corrupted file system32\driver\pci.sys
Hello! I converted an old XP machine to a VHD with disk2vhd. Once imported into virtual pc the machine starts up but fails before booting with the message: missing or corrupted file: system32\driver\pci.sys I've searched the internet and can not find a solution to my problem. Does anyone...
Virtualization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App