Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Win 7 install rebooting close to finishing.

30 Apr 2010   #1

Windows XP SP2
 
 
Win 7 install rebooting close to finishing.

I've been trying to install Windows 7 Professional 32-bit from my HDD for a while now.I'm currently running XP SP2 32-bit, and I'm trying to do a clean install on a diffrent partition than my XP install, but whenever I do, it reaches the final stage (finishing install or somesuch) after the first reboot and unexpectedly reboots, and when the setup starts up again, it rollsback the changes.

It's worth mentioning that I had the same issue with the RC, a while ago.I ended up installing it on my HDD in a diffrent computer, but I can't do that now, cause that computer is dead.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Apr 2010   #2

Windows 7 Profesional x86, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by beardface View Post
I've been trying to install Windows 7 Professional 32-bit from my HDD for a while now.I'm currently running XP SP2 32-bit, and I'm trying to do a clean install on a diffrent partition than my XP install, but whenever I do, it reaches the final stage (finishing install or somesuch) after the first reboot and unexpectedly reboots, and when the setup starts up again, it rollsback the changes.

It's worth mentioning that I had the same issue with the RC, a while ago.I ended up installing it on my HDD in a diffrent computer, but I can't do that now, cause that computer is dead.
Hi and welcome to the forums .

Make sure that when it reboots it boots into the partition and not into the Installation CD.

I'm pretty sure this will solve your problem.

Oli
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #3

Windows XP SP2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by osholt View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by beardface View Post
I've been trying to install Windows 7 Professional 32-bit from my HDD for a while now.I'm currently running XP SP2 32-bit, and I'm trying to do a clean install on a diffrent partition than my XP install, but whenever I do, it reaches the final stage (finishing install or somesuch) after the first reboot and unexpectedly reboots, and when the setup starts up again, it rollsback the changes.

It's worth mentioning that I had the same issue with the RC, a while ago.I ended up installing it on my HDD in a diffrent computer, but I can't do that now, cause that computer is dead.
Hi and welcome to the forums .

Make sure that when it reboots it boots into the partition and not into the Installation CD.

I'm pretty sure this will solve your problem.

Oli
Thanks!

I'm afraid I'm installing it from my HDD, mounting the iso into daemon tools, and going on from there.I'll try extracting it and trying the install that way.

Also, I might've not expressed myself very well earlier, I meant after the 2nd reboot of the installation, it reboots a 3rd time, but it's not supposed to.When the install boots up again, it sends me a small box with "unexpected reboot" or something similar, and forces it to reboot again once I click ok, and I have to use the rollback option on the boot thingy, cause if I keep loading the Windows 7 option, it just keeps doing that error.

Sorry, english is not my native language
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Apr 2010   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Try installing from an external source, like a DVD or thumb drive.

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

Alternatively, you can copy the files onto your XP drive, and then run the setup.exe files from within XP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #5

Windows 7 Profesional x86, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
 
 

Perhaps one of the simplest things you could try and probably the most likely to solve the problem is to burn the ISO to a DVD if possible. This could solve the problem but it may be because of fair few other variables such as a corrupt ISO file etc. You could also try creating a copy of your ISO, extracting its contents and running setup.exe from the extracted files and see if that works.

Oli

EDIT: Jonathan beat me again, dang! At least great minds think alike.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #6

Windows XP SP2
 
 

I've attempted to run the setup from my HDD, but with no succes.I've also tried borrowing a Windows 7 DVD from my brother, but again, still same issue, and I tried the USB thing back then with the RC client but that didn't work either so I don't think it's going to work now.

Maybe it's a hardware related issue?I mean, last time I made it work by shoving my 57 gb HDD in another computer and installing it there, so it's not the hard drive, maybe my mobo or something is interfering?

I also know that the installation iso I use here worked on my bro's computer, so the iso can't be corrupted.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #7

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Disconnect any unnecessary hardware, such as video cards, USB devices, wifi cards, etc, and try again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #8

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Wondering if he should reset the Bios to factory defaults ??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2010   #9

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Wondering if he should reset the Bios to factory defaults ??
That never hurts either. Many times that has been the solution for people.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2010   #10

Windows XP SP2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Disconnect any unnecessary hardware, such as video cards, USB devices, wifi cards, etc, and try again.
I've done just that, to no avail.About the bios reset I'm reluctant to do so, cause I really have no idea how bios works and all that, so I fear I might break it or something.I've pretty much given up and am going to pirate a copy of Vista.Thanks for all the help, there's a pretty nice community here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win 7 install rebooting close to finishing.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Win 7 install rebooting close to finishing.
Thread Forum
How To Close (But Not Force Close) Program Automatically On A Schedule General Discussion
Win764bit keeps rebooting after install! General Discussion
Win7 x64 fresh install on SSD rebooting on 'completing installation' Installation & Setup
New W7 Pro install keeps rebooting ? BSOD Help and Support
Problem with clean install: constant rebooting Installation & Setup
Windows 7 problem after finishing install Installation & Setup
PC keeps rebooting at last step of install Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33