Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 re-install

07 May 2010   #11
Microsoft MVP

 

Test your HD using the maker's HD diagnostics/repair CD scan, which will autostart and can fix some problems to extend the life of the HD: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

You said that you wiped the HD while it was on another computer. Can you boot the DVD to install to the same HD on the other computer? If so, and you cannnot get install to work on problem computer, then go ahead and try install on the other computer.

I have had to do this about a dozen times and when the HD is returned to problem computer, it always starts up, swaps out all the drivers, requests several restarts and then is good to go.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 May 2010   #12

Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

I'll try that tonight before i go to bed and i hope it works out. and no when i boot onto my other computer with this HDD is gives me the same issue as my other computer so i know it's a HDD problem not a hardware problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2010   #13

Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Test your HD using the maker's HD diagnostics/repair CD scan, which will autostart and can fix some problems to extend the life of the HD: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

You said that you wiped the HD while it was on another computer. Can you boot the DVD to install to the same HD on the other computer? If so, and you cannnot get install to work on problem computer, then go ahead and try install on the other computer.

I have had to do this about a dozen times and when the HD is returned to problem computer, it always starts up, swaps out all the drivers, requests several restarts and then is good to go.

Worked as far as getting windows 7 installed on my HDD the only problem is i now get a error when booting, the logs says something about a bad driver so i removed all Cards but the videocard on the main board and thatwas not the problem so i installed the radeon drivers and nothing but i got to the F8 menu and booted where it dose not restart on error and it gives a bsod. (when i let it boot to windows it just gets to the logo and reboots) any ideas? another problem sprung up as in the dvd drive shuts off instead of booting to a CD so not sure what to do to be honest. i don't have the money to replace this system and need it for school.

"***STOP:0x0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xC0000034, 0x0000000, 0x00000000" thats the exact bsod error.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 May 2010   #14
Microsoft MVP

 

Can you try installing from USB flash stick? Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool[2]=General%20Tips

Since you can't get the DVD to boot, try wiping the HD using free Partition Wizard bootable CD which will autostart on its own.

Now restart the computer with DVD in the tray and it should autostart with the blank HD to do the reinstall.

If you can get the DVD to boot in BIOS, you can try running Startup Repair or System Restore from the Repair console which might recover your old Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2010   #15

Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Can you try installing from USB flash stick? Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool[2]=General%20Tips

Since you can't get the DVD to boot, try wiping the HD using free Partition Wizard bootable CD which will autostart on its own.

Now restart the computer with DVD in the tray and it should autostart with the blank HD to do the reinstall.

If you can get the DVD to boot in BIOS, you can try running Startup Repair or System Restore from the Repair console which might recover your old Windows 7.
Will do i have a 8GB flash-drive I'm going to use and try that tonight. will post more info, i really hope this works and thanks to everyone who is trying to help me i really appreciate it, you guys are awesome
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2010   #16

Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Well good news and bad news, Good news is i now have windows 7 installed on my main PC via USB drive. bad news i have a new ASUS PCI wifi card that is not working, the computer is saying it is not plugged in when it clearly is, shows it in the driver list as a PCI controller and won't do anything about it. i have tried driver easy and the CD it came with and nothing. dose anyone think doing another full wipe and making sure the card is in the system before installing 7 would fix the problem? other then the WIFI problem the computer works great! thanks for the help everyone your a life saver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2010   #17
Microsoft MVP

 

What you describe has nothing to do with your install so that is fine if your satisfied with overall performance.

Go to the website for the manufacturer of your WiFi card and find the driver package under Support Downloads for your specific model.

It would be good if it is full software application you can run to force install of driver. If not, from Wifi controller in Device Manager choose Update Driver>Browse to unzipped install location of driver package until it picks up the driver.

If this doesn't work, post back in Drivers forum here with exact issue specified in title to get the attention of someone who knows or has had the issue him/herself.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 May 2010   #18

Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Well i'm going to look into everything, thanks a ton for your help everyone i finally got my computer back and can feel myself again. you guys rock keep it up helping everyone
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2010   #19

 

try put your hdd to another pc and do the installation form the other pc. if still failed i supposed there;s something wrong with your hdd
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2010   #20

Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kucing13 View Post
try put your hdd to another pc and do the installation form the other pc. if still failed i supposed there;s something wrong with your hdd
I fixed it with the USB boot of windows 7. im off to make a post in the driver section to try to find a windows 7 driver for my wifi device.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 re-install




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33