Backup everything dear to your heart
Using DiskPart, wipe the hard disk clean.
To use DiskPart:
Set the Bios to boot first from the CD/DVD drive
Pop open the dvd tray.
Power off computer
Insert the Win 7 dvd and close tray
Power on computer
When you get the very first dialog asking you to confirm or choose something, then use SHIFT + F10 to get to a command prompt.
The command prompt will look like X:
X: is the ram drive created by Win 7 and contains a Windows 7 PE (Preexecution Environment)
Now you can run DiskPart to clean the disk.
You will now be able to make a truly clean install of Win 7.
· type DiskPart, Enter key
· type List disk, Enter key
note the numeral of the disk you want to clean
for example purposes, I’ll be using the numeral 0
· type Select disk 0, Enter key
· type Detail disk, Enter key
this info will let you know if you selected correctly
· type Clean ALL, Enter key
your entire disk is being overwritten with zeros.
This can take a considerable amount of time
· type EXIT, Enter key (only after Clean is finished)
· type EXIT, Enter key (this gets you back where you were)