Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver, What is it?

18 May 2010   #1
jjthenovice

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 
Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver, What is it?

Did a clean install on my Vaio laptop (VPCF11LFX) of Win 7 64 bit Ultimate. Before I had a program under Control Panel/Program and Features called Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver. Now I don't. I can't find out what this program is or what it's purpose is. Is it even necessary as my laptop seems to be running fine. I found the latest version (I think) and it seemed to load but when I checked, it didn't show up under Programs and Features. Any info would be helpful.

Regards

JJ


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 May 2010   #2
Sanvean

Windows 7 Professional 64
 
 

Hi jj!

I was going to give you a brief synopsis, runs the proc core faster, but this Intel page will describe it better:
Processors — Intel® Turbo Boost Technology frequently asked questions

You can also download a gadget which shows it in action:
Processors — Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 May 2010   #3
jjthenovice

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sanvean View Post
Hi jj!

I was going to give you a brief synopsis, runs the proc core faster, but this Intel page will describe it better:
Processors — Intel® Turbo Boost Technology frequently asked questions

You can also download a gadget which shows it in action:
Processors — Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor
Thanks for reply. I have downloaded the gadget and already saw the link. I don't have the Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver loaded and I still have turbo. I'm wondering what the Driver is for because it came loaded on my system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 May 2010   #4
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sanvean View Post
Hi jj!

I was going to give you a brief synopsis, runs the proc core faster, but this Intel page will describe it better:
Processors — Intel® Turbo Boost Technology frequently asked questions

You can also download a gadget which shows it in action:
Processors — Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor
Thanks for reply. I have downloaded the gadget and already saw the link. I don't have the Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver loaded and I still have turbo. I'm wondering what the Driver is for because it came loaded on my system.
Your only way to know it is to go at HP site:
HP Pavilion dv6700t CTO Special Edition Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Everething you need should be listed and displayed there...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 May 2010   #5
jjthenovice

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sanvean View Post
Hi jj!

I was going to give you a brief synopsis, runs the proc core faster, but this Intel page will describe it better:
Processors — Intel® Turbo Boost Technology frequently asked questions

You can also download a gadget which shows it in action:
Processors — Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor
Thanks for reply. I have downloaded the gadget and already saw the link. I don't have the Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver loaded and I still have turbo. I'm wondering what the Driver is for because it came loaded on my system.
Your only way to know it is to go at HP site:
HP Pavilion dv6700t CTO Special Edition Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Everething you need should be listed and displayed there...
You didn't read my post: I now have a Sony Vaio laptop and not a HP. I've updated my profile....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 May 2010   #6
Sanvean

Windows 7 Professional 64
 
 

Hi JJ,
Actually it is enabled in the bios, talks directly to the chip, the driver in win7 (my understanding is the gadget) is there but not turned on by default. Sorry to get back to you late, installing new case fans & rewiring (hiding case cables).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2010   #7
jjthenovice

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sanvean View Post
Hi JJ,
Actually it is enabled in the bios, talks directly to the chip, the driver in win7 (my understanding is the gadget) is there but not turned on by default. Sorry to get back to you late, installing new case fans & rewiring (hiding case cables).
No worries... I believe this driver is intended for an onboard Intel Graphics GPU. Mine has a Nvidia 310M so it's a mute point.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2010   #8
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post

Thanks for reply. I have downloaded the gadget and already saw the link. I don't have the Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver loaded and I still have turbo. I'm wondering what the Driver is for because it came loaded on my system.
Your only way to know it is to go at HP site:
HP Pavilion dv6700t CTO Special Edition Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Everething you need should be listed and displayed there...
You didn't read my post: I now have a Sony Vaio laptop and not a HP. I've updated my profile....
Oops!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2010   #9
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sanvean View Post
Hi JJ,
Actually it is enabled in the bios, talks directly to the chip, the driver in win7 (my understanding is the gadget) is there but not turned on by default. Sorry to get back to you late, installing new case fans & rewiring (hiding case cables).
No worries... I believe this driver is intended for an onboard Intel Graphics GPU. Mine has a Nvidia 310M so it's a mute point.
Well,
The intel Turbo Technology should be included in your processor i7 specs and not the GPU. Maybe go in your "Devices Manager" and look under the "Processor Tab" and see under "Pilote Tab" what is listed.
Just in case have look when you update the pilote if it change something, if the intel Turbo boost driver load or if it looks after an .INF file....It might not have load properly after your fresh install of Win 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver, What is it?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Not needed Turbo Boost Technology Driver for Intel 2nd Generation i7?
Hello all this's my second post for help on this site, while looking around the net for more unnecessary driver's to disable, I stumbled across something interesting. The topic relate's to the I/i series processor's and it's turbo boost driver, when reading the thread I noticed one of the...
Drivers
Intel turbo boost technology monitor 2.6 - Doesnt work
Well it worked when I've tried using it the first time, now it doesnt. My processor is here : i7 2630qm It does support turbo boost, and I have it enabled. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled, didn't work. Please can I get a reply. Nothing remotely related to revo uninstaller please.
Performance & Maintenance
Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver
I saw this driver posted over at Station Drivers for Oct 22nd. I read a little about it at Intel's website that its for Core i7 (which I have), but when I try to install it I get an error box that my hardware is not supported. Just curious if anyone knows anything about this driver and/or...
Drivers
Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor not working! Pls help!
http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/3074/image1qw.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us As you all can see all my gadgets are working perfectly fine. Except my "Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor" which is the one on the far top left corner, the small white block with a "<" sign. I don't know why...
Gadgets
Intel i5 760 @ 2.8 Ghz Max Turbo Boost Technology
Q1. What is the MAXIMUM Turbo Boost technology for i5 760 2.8 Ghz without overclocking the CPU? below are my hardware specs. Q2. Example: An application needs 3 Ghz clockspeed to run smoothly. Will i5 760 @ 2.8 Ghz convert to 3 Ghz? Specs:
Hardware & Devices
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor gagdet won't work
I installed the official intel turbo boost monitor gadget from intel's website and it was working fine, but then I stopped using it for a couple weeks and now it isn't working anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, but still it won't work. My other gadgets are working fine...
Gadgets


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App