Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: RC1 Install hangs at "Starting Windows"


24 Jul 2009   #11

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by datter View Post
Happy to report, it's installed and running very nicely. Something about Windows 7 did NOT like that extra 2GB in my system for some reason. I'm running 4GB now and it seems ok. I did have some mixed RAM (a 4GB kit, plus my old 2gb)... maybe something wasn't quite right since they weren't matched?
Yep, there you have the problem.
Best is to go with identical ram modules.

6gb in itself is not a problem.

Running one machine with 8gb and one with 32gb here.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Jul 2009   #12

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
Yep, there you have the problem.
Best is to go with identical ram modules.

6gb in itself is not a problem.

Running one machine with 8gb and one with 32gb here.
32gigs you dog. Here i am on a lapbrick with 1 stinking gig.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2009   #13

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

My experience in installing Windows 7, has shown no problems on 32-bit editions with 2GB or 4GB of RAM. And I've had no problems installing 64-bit on 2GB, 4GB or 8GB of RAM.

I did have a slow load of both Vista and Windows 7 on 1 machine until I disabled the floppy drive in the BIOS...since I didn't actually have on. As soon as I made that change, my OS loaded in about 10-15 minutes. Prior to that change, it probably sat at "Starting Windows" for nearly 10 minutes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Jul 2009   #14

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
32gigs you dog. Here i am on a lapbrick with 1 stinking gig.
And to make matters worse, I have these!

Name:  634753673_6_UwLW.jpeg
Views: 26
Size:  201.5 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2009   #15

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

I will trade you my lapbrick for the one on the right.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2009   #16

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
I will trade you my lapbrick for the one on the right.
well, to be honest, the red ones on the right and left have gone to my friends, two days ago.
but luckily they stayed together.

We kept the black girl and the little guy on his back.

And wouldn't trade them for anything, especially not a lapbrick with 1gig. lol

greetz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2009   #17

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
My experience in installing Windows 7, has shown no problems on 32-bit editions with 2GB or 4GB of RAM. And I've had no problems installing 64-bit on 2GB, 4GB or 8GB of RAM.

I did have a slow load of both Vista and Windows 7 on 1 machine until I disabled the floppy drive in the BIOS...since I didn't actually have on. As soon as I made that change, my OS loaded in about 10-15 minutes. Prior to that change, it probably sat at "Starting Windows" for nearly 10 minutes.
Sorry, I'll go back on topic.

I think you mean you went from 10 minutes to 10-15 seconds, I hope for you?

That is a fast boot.

Mine takes longer, but the more ram you have the longer it takes for windows to allocate them.

PS. I usually don't boot much though. Always on standby.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2009   #18

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

oh well im just gonna have to hunt him down. btw you register at theeightforums.com our sister site devoted to win 8?

Ken

Sorry abt the OT. We will stop now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2009   #19

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
I think you mean you went from 10 minutes to 10-15 seconds, I hope for you?
I was talking about the actual installation process of Windows 7...not boot times.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2009   #20

windows 7
 
 
It took hours

It took hours for windows 7 RC1 to install for me. I just let it go and eventually it installed. Now I have no problems with it and it boot in no time. I have 6MB installed with the x64 version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 RC1 Install hangs at "Starting Windows"




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33