Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Downgrading

21 Jun 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Downgrading

Alright so i want to downgrade my windows 7 to xp i have my xp disk what do i do now

also the reason is because the ram required for widows 7 is too high, and my computer would black out due to that

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Jun 2010   #2

Windows 7
 
 

I cant click install windows xp


Attached Thumbnails
Downgrading-um.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2010   #3

Windows 7 x64 finally!
 
 

A1xx, you will have to wipe your disk clean anyway to install XP, so maybe it is better to format it before.

Now, before you do it, can you give us your computer specs? Maybe it was some other problem, Windows 7 can run with low memory (although it won't be a stellar performance). Have you looked into this tutorial: Install Windows 7 on Computer with Less than 512MB RAM
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Jun 2010   #4

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wallyinnc View Post
A1xx, you will have to wipe your disk clean anyway to install XP, so maybe it is better to format it before.

Now, before you do it, can you give us your computer specs? Maybe it was some other problem, Windows 7 can run with low memory (although it won't be a stellar performance). Have you looked into this tutorial: Install Windows 7 on Computer with Less than 512MB RAM[3]=Installation%20and%20Setup
What do you mean by Computer specs?
like this


Attached Images
     
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2010   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

At the top of the screen, click User CP

Then on the left look for specs and fill it out. Here is how to get specs
http://www.piriform.com/speccy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2010   #6

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
At the top of the screen, click User CP

Then on the left look for specs and fill it out. Here is how to get specs
Speccy - System Information - Free Download
like what i posted above
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2010   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Yes but they are not posted correctly. Do it once correctly and they will follow you on every thread and post. Click on user control panel on top. Then look for specs on the left.

If you have the full retail version of XP, just do a clean install, using the format option.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2010   #8

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Yes but they are not posted correctly. Do it once correctly and they will follow you on every thread and post. Click on user control panel on top. Then look for specs on the left.

If you have the full retail version of XP, just do a clean install, using the format option.
alright finished check it out
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2010   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Great. Now whenever you post the information follows you and does not just stay in this thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2010   #10

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Great. Now whenever you post the information follows you and does not just stay in this thread.
um ok so...
what do i do
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Downgrading





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Downgrading
Thread Forum
Solved Downgrading from windows 8 Installation & Setup
Downgrading from Win 7 to Win Xp General Discussion
Downgrading from MSN 15 -> 14 Software
downgrading to XP Drivers
downgrading from windows 7? Installation & Setup
Downgrading Gaming
Downgrading Windows 7 64-bit to 32-bit Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33