Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Do you recommend using Windows DVD Maker?

08 Aug 2010   #11
FerchogtX

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit Build 7600 / Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Petey7 View Post
This is really bugging me because I remember having it stop at 60% when I first tried to use it and I found a solution, which I can't remember

Are you sure there is nothing wrong with the file you are trying to burn? What is the files type?
They are WMV file format... Media Player has no problems with them... downloaded with aTube Catcher from Youtube (just for personal use)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Aug 2010   #12
FerchogtX

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit Build 7600 / Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
 
 

Ok... lowered burn speed and set the temp files to C:\DVDtmp folder (which I created before burning)... same... it reaches 8.4 percent, then changes to 98.9 percent, ejects my DVD and sys it cannot burn my disc

How can I get this thing working?

See ya!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2010   #13
jayp

windows 7 home premium 64 on all 4
 
 

you can try dvdflick it is free and a good dvd maker, it will also put more content on the disk, i think windows dvd maker is limited to 150 min. i like and use windows dvd maker i tend to use dvd flick more often.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Aug 2010   #14
FerchogtX

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit Build 7600 / Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jayp View Post
you can try dvdflick it is free and a good dvd maker, it will also put more content on the disk, i think windows dvd maker is limited to 150 min. i like and use windows dvd maker i tend to use dvd flick more often.
Tried that and many others... but they don't do what DVD Maker does... at least with the title menu... in DVD maker you can do active title menus with movement... but other don't offer that and I think that this feature is neat!

In case there is no solution for me in DVD maker, is there any software that can do that?... if not... I guess that my only solution will be installing nero again... (I hope version 8 can be used on W7... version 9 sucks...)

See ya!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #15
FerchogtX

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit Build 7600 / Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
 
 

OK... I finally found a solution, I'm using ConvertXtoDVD... I guess that in this days I can buy full version key, but in the mean time, I got a really good result with this one.
I really don't know why DVD Maker refuses to do a DVD, but at least this program gives me the option to burn the info in an ISO, so I can test it, which is pretty cool.

Thanks for all the help you gave me guys

See ya!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2010   #16
jayp

windows 7 home premium 64 on all 4
 
 

yep i totally agree about the windows dvd maker menus they are great, glad you found a solution that works for you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Aug 2010   #17
BrightBlessings

Win7 Pro-64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FerchogtX View Post
OK... I finally found a solution, I'm using ConvertXtoDVD... I guess that in this days I can buy full version key, but in the mean time, I got a really good result with this one.
I really don't know why DVD Maker refuses to do a DVD, but at least this program gives me the option to burn the info in an ISO, so I can test it, which is pretty cool.

Thanks for all the help you gave me guys

See ya!!
I had same sort of problems and I use this it's free and works well for me it even allows you to add srt files-subtitles hope this helps

Free Video Converter - Any Video Converter Free Version - convert video to any formats, avi to MPEG, avi to MP4, flv to MPG
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Aug 2010   #18
FerchogtX

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit Build 7600 / Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BrightBlessings View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FerchogtX View Post
OK... I finally found a solution, I'm using ConvertXtoDVD... I guess that in this days I can buy full version key, but in the mean time, I got a really good result with this one.
I really don't know why DVD Maker refuses to do a DVD, but at least this program gives me the option to burn the info in an ISO, so I can test it, which is pretty cool.

Thanks for all the help you gave me guys

See ya!!
I had same sort of problems and I use this it's free and works well for me it even allows you to add srt files-subtitles hope this helps

Free Video Converter - Any Video Converter Free Version - convert video to any formats, avi to MPEG, avi to MP4, flv to MPG
Thanks man I'll try it out

See ya!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2010   #19
bagavan

Windows 8 Professional x64
 
 

I use DVD maker and it is okay..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2013   #20
wooleys5

Windows7
 
 
Unhappy

burned 3 disc with Microsoft DVD Maker none of them work. Typical.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Do you recommend using Windows DVD Maker?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Movie Maker & Windows Live Movie Maker ? Different ?
Hello, Are these two separate programs: Windows Movie Maker Windows Live Movie Maker If so, which is the one that comes with the MS Essentials group ?
Media Center
TOTALLY FREE video maker for Windows 7 (apart from Movie Maker)
Hi guys, I need an honest to goodness FREE video maker for Windows 7 with features that are way better than Movie Maker (MM). I've had the following problems with the many applications I've downloaded: 1. hijacked my browsers 2. output vid - has watermarks OR only 30 seconds is free OR...
Music, Pictures & Video
Do you recommend Windows Firewall?
Hi again guys ;) Recently, I had some issues using ESET Smart Security (Version 4.x), basically its firewall gave me some problems when sharing folders and files between all my PC's (2 with Windows 7, one more using Windows 2000). Since the begining I realized that using 2 firewalls at the same...
System Security
what anti-spyware do you recommend for windows 7?
i am currently using spywareblaster 4.2 but i was wondering if there is a better anti-spyware program to use on windows 7? what are your recommendations?
System Security
Can anybody recommend a decent DVI KVM for Windows 7?
I've always found KVMs pretty much essential, however, I have issues with them getting unresponsive. I want to upgrade from my VGA KM to a DVI one, I need 4 ports, and I want one that works well with Windows 7. Does anybody have anything positive or negative to say about any product out...
Hardware & Devices
97 percent of Intel testers recommend Windows 7
Intel has thoroughly tested Windows 7 and has given it the green light for its own use. The company will begin replacing Windows XP on its machines next year. Full Story: 97 percent of Intel testers recommend Windows 7 - Ars Technica
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App