Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Problems playing 1080p MKV contents


11 Nov 2010   #1

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
Problems playing 1080p MKV contents

Hi,

I have been using Shark codec packs for almost a year now and I am very happy with it, until the latest release.
I always keep it updated, but the after updating to your latest one I found that I have problems playing 1080p files. It will stutters and most of the time stop playing. I have this problem before with the previous version, but it has been fixed several times with the newer versions. But sad to say, the latest version bring back this problem again...
I am using Win 7 (64-Bit) and I always use Shark's suggested settings and choose Dshow DXVA on the H264 TAB, also set MPC-HC for WVC1 on the SWAP TAB, to display the subtitle.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Nov 2010   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

First, you did completely un-instal the older version before you updated to the new one correct?

What happens if you set x264 to use FFDshow as seen in my snip?
Does it play smoothly then?

If so, perhaps try a different DXVA codec. Such as FFDshow DXVA.

I understand wanting hardware acceleration. This is simply to test if the particular DXVA codec is conflicting somehow.

Also, WVC1 in the swap tab is a video codec. As far as i am aware it has nothing to do with Subtitles.
I would suggest using FFDshow for this one as well for the time being until you can isolate the issue.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2010   #3

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Thank you for your reply, Wishmaster.
I've tried your settings, but I don't see any difference.
It still stutters.
What should I do ?
My settings were suggested by Mr.Shark himself, because I was having problem displaying subs with WMP.
One more thing, my CPU usage is very heavy everytime I play the 1080p files.
I heard that with AVCore Codec we can reduce the CPU usage to 1%, is that true ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Nov 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

sawwei, seems to me like you may have turned UAC off.
If so, uninstall my software, re-enable UAC to default, reboot, re-install my software.

ps: i will ignore your private message(s) here and on my forum.
Issues like this should be solved in an open forum so that the resolutuion is available to assist others.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2010   #5

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shark007 View Post
sawwei, seems to me like you may have turned UAC off.
If so, uninstall my software, re-enable UAC to default, reboot, re-install my software.

ps: i will ignore your private message(s) here and on my forum.
Issues like this should be solved in an open forum so that the resolutuion is available to assist others.
I have done it but still no luck.
I also have another questions in regards of the heavy CPU loads everytime I play 1080p contents.
Any idea how to fix this ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sawwei View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shark007 View Post
sawwei, seems to me like you may have turned UAC off.
If so, uninstall my software, re-enable UAC to default, reboot, re-install my software.

ps: i will ignore your private message(s) here and on my forum.
Issues like this should be solved in an open forum so that the resolutuion is available to assist others.
I have done it but still no luck.
I am sorry if my assumption is incorrect, but, simply re-instating UAC is NOT enough. UAC needs to be enable during the installation of my software (as instructed above) and anytime you use the Settings Applications to make changes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Nov 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shark007 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sawwei View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shark007 View Post
sawwei, seems to me like you may have turned UAC off.
If so, uninstall my software, re-enable UAC to default, reboot, re-install my software.

ps: i will ignore your private message(s) here and on my forum.
Issues like this should be solved in an open forum so that the resolutuion is available to assist others.
I have done it but still no luck.
I am sorry if my assumption is incorrect, but, simply re-instating UAC is NOT enough. UAC needs to be enable during the installation of my software (as instructed above) and anytime you use the Settings Applications to make changes.
Seems odd but I can vouch for what he's saying. Shark's stuff is widely accepted as the best that money can buy but usually isn't. That hackitechure that is Shark's is unparalleled but as such requires some idiosyncratic requirements. You'd think that he'd want UAC OFF but it looks like it needs the time or the prompt to know where it is installing all this stuff....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Problems playing 1080p MKV contents




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Problems playing 1080p MKV contents
Thread Forum
Problems booting after switching contents of some HDD's in Clonezilla Installation & Setup
Problems specifying contents of a "library". Music, Pictures & Video
contents of C\windows switched with contents of c\program files General Discussion
Monitor SyncMaster P2370HD 1080p don't work properly in 1080p. Drivers
32" LCD LG 1080p Resolution Problems Hardware & Devices
Problems with playing any videos Music, Pictures & Video
Problem playing 1080p mkv's Media Center

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33