Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: adjust resolution in 7MC?


14 Jun 2009   #1

windows 7 rc
 
 
adjust resolution in 7MC?

hey all,

is there a way to adjust screen resolution / text size / etc. in windows 7 media center? i'm going through an old tv that has NO adjustable options (sharpness, etc.) and i find the fonts in 7MC very tough to read.

the thing is, when i ran MC for the first time, it looked ok, and then it "auto-adjusted" and made it worse. i can't seem to get that original resolution back.

any suggestions?

thanks!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Jun 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jakeopolis View Post
hey all,

is there a way to adjust screen resolution / text size / etc. in windows 7 media center? i'm going through an old tv that has NO adjustable options (sharpness, etc.) and i find the fonts in 7MC very tough to read.

the thing is, when i ran MC for the first time, it looked ok, and then it "auto-adjusted" and made it worse. i can't seem to get that original resolution back.

any suggestions?

thanks!
Yes You can adjust both the resolution 1280x768 and the size of the text in that resolution. To do res first go to start and type screen you will see "adjust scren resolution. To adjust text simple type text in search bar and you will find it

Glad to have helped

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jun 2009   #3

windows 7 rc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Yes You can adjust both the resolution 1280x768 and the size of the text in that resolution. To do res first go to start and type screen you will see "adjust scren resolution. To adjust text simple type text in search bar and you will find it

Glad to have helped

Ken
hi ken, thanks for the help but those settings don't affect media center (when media center is full screen). is there a way to change those settings within media center?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Jun 2009   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium x64,
 
 

You can adjust within Media Center thru the settings menu - it will affect your overall screen resolution.

You may have to do a reinstall of your video drivers in order to get the right adjustments. I had to uninstall/reinstall video drivers a couple of times before it worked properly...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2009   #5

windows 7 rc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gmemore View Post
You can adjust within Media Center thru the settings menu - it will affect your overall screen resolution.

You may have to do a reinstall of your video drivers in order to get the right adjustments. I had to uninstall/reinstall video drivers a couple of times before it worked properly...
hm, thank you for the tips. would you be able to walk me through finding this setting? i can't find it anywhere...

and if i remove and reinstall my video drivers, what should change?

thanks a lot!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2009   #6

windows 7 rc
 
 

aha, i've FINALLY figured this out.

the setting is where i originally thought it should be: tasks --> settings --> tv --> configure tv or monitor. i have my TV attached with an S-video cable, and i had chosen that setting, which gave me NO options for changing resolution. apparently if i tell media center that i have a TV running through a VGA cable, i get a full list of display resolutions that i can choose from, and THIS works perfectly.

very bizarre, but fixed nonetheless. thanks everyone for your suggestions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2009   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jakeopolis View Post
aha, i've FINALLY figured this out.

the setting is where i originally thought it should be: tasks --> settings --> tv --> configure tv or monitor. i have my TV attached with an S-video cable, and i had chosen that setting, which gave me NO options for changing resolution. apparently if i tell media center that i have a TV running through a VGA cable, i get a full list of display resolutions that i can choose from, and THIS works perfectly.

very bizarre, but fixed nonetheless. thanks everyone for your suggestions.
Glad you figured it out. Sometimes its more satisfying when you do figure it out. Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 adjust resolution in 7MC?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33